Mapscape of North Carolina
Size:  (not chosen)
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The Coordinates above will put you in the parking lot of the Piedmont Environmental Center. The Mapscape is set in an Amphitheater right next to the parking area. This is really a neat map of North Carolina.
There is plenty of history about North Carolina, and the surrounding areas. The history discussed is not only cultural, but physical and natural.
To log this cache e-mail us with the answers to the following:
1) What is the scale of the Mapscape?
2) What was the purpose of the atlatl?
3) Of the ______ Cherokee nation that started on the 'Trail of Tears', how many died?
4) In the 'old field habitat' of the Piedmont, homes are provided for what animals (name the three that are mentioned, I know there are many others)?
5) What is the name of the 1st incorporated town in North Carolina?
6) What year was the town incorporated?
Enjoy the area, and visit the Center if you have any questions about trails, Mapscape, or what ever. They have full time Naturalists on their staff who are more than willing to answer any questions you may have.
(No hints available.)