How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This is a more extreem and fun cache than many you will find and I set it some years ago now. I feel the intrepid among you will have a great sense of achievement in accomplishing this cache. If you have done “All Stressed Out” at Croft this is very similar but with lots of tricky hidy holes. 'Sorry' to you all for stopping caching, if you are new to caching this cache is the last of 26 odd and ingenious caches I set in this local area.
TO DO THIS CACHE YOU WILL NEED ALL THE FOLLOWING TOOLS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, A) A SMALL 1/4” OR 4-TO-8MM THICK GARDEN CANE, METAL ROD, OR SIMILAR, B) 17mm SPANNER OR ADJUSTABLE WRENCH. OR SIMILAR C) TORCH / SMALL PEN LIGHT OR SIMILAR D) MAGNET E) MAGNIFYING GLASS OR SIMILAR F) A PAPER CLIP OR 2 MM ALLEN KEY OR HAT PIN OR SIMILAR SMALL DIAMETER METAL ROD G) BINOCULARS H) SENSE OF ADVENTURE AND EXCITEMENT, UNLIKE THOSE WHO HAVE READ THIS INTRO AND THOUGHT “I CANNOT BE BOTHERED WITH ALL THAT TROUBLE”.
'O' AS THE CACHE IS GETTING OLD A MULTI-TOOL OR SOME OIL MAY BE OF USE, ALTHOUGH I TRY TO MAINTAIN THE CACHE WHEN I CAN.
This cache will take about 1 1/2 hours and covers about 1 1/2 miles, in winter you should wear suitable foot wear for an out door walk / trek.
1) Park at N52.33,455 W001.14,318
2) Walk to N52.33,448 W001.14,186 where you will find a pair of old concrete posts, the next numbered clue is stamped on a small brass plate inside a 35 mm film canister which is inside one of the posts and you will need a tool to retrieve it from its hidy hole. Put the number in the gap N52.33,457 W001.14,XXX and walk to the next spot.
3) Here you will find a galvanized gate and posts, on the other side of a small concrete bridge. The next clue is stamped (5 mm High Number Punches) into the gate or post ??? (Look Carefully) and you may need a tool to be able to read the small numbers. Use these numbers to fill in the gaps N52.33,XXX W001.14,XXX and walk to the next spot. (There is a proper road crossing 150 meters back down the old disused road)
4) You should now be at a wooden stile (Kissing Steps). Attached to the stile is a metal tube 8” Long 1 1/4OD, the Number is inside the tube (You may need to sh--- a little ------ on the situation). Fill in the gaps N52.33,50X W001.14,52X and walk along the path to the next spot.
5) You should now be stood on a river Bridge ?. The next set of numbers are stamped into the top knuckle of the “Central” railing support pillars. Up stream pillar for North, Down stream pillar for West. (These numbers are hard to spot) Fill in the gaps N52.33,XXX W001.14,XXX and walk about 150 meters to the next clue (You do not need to climb fences, back track and take the other path if you have gone wrong).
6) You are looking for the top of a large wooden gate post, On which there is a lump of aluminium, in the centre of the aluminium block is a domed bolt head. Lift the F-----S bolt with a tool, the number you require is stamped in a flat on the side of the shank. N52.33,XXX W001.14,836 and walk to your next clue.
7) You are looking for another aluminium block screwed near to the base of the telegraph pole. Use a tool to get the number off of the shank and fill in the gap N52.33,662 W001.15,0XX . Follow the path around near the church until you reach your next destination.
8) You should be stood next to a large tree. Attached to the back of the tree is another aluminium block and the number is on the shank again ?? (Finger nails will not help here He He He). Fill in the gap N52.33,5XX W001.15,205 (Please be very careful crossing the road).
9) You should now be stood next to some wooden fencing which is protecting some young saplings. Attached to the fencing is a metal tube about 14” long, the number is right in the centre of the tube ????. (You don’t need to be all tooled up for nothing). You know the drill N52.33,XXX W001.14,XXX and head South, to the stile, then East to the next clue. (Dec 2008, The footpath 50 meters of it, has been altered at this point now CLOSED, so to gain access to the land 'Croft Pastures' you will have to, if you wish!!!!! go to the entrance on Station Road, Croft, the entrance is 50% of the way up the railway bridge)
10) Yes you are stood here in the open. Now with your back to the small cliff use a tool to read the number on the far left tree trunk (Clue there were more than 4 trees but one as fallen down the cliff?). Add N52.33,5X9 W001.14,9X8 and walk to the cache.
11) I do hope you liked this cache and were not to frustrated buy it, to get back to your car, cross the bridge and head up past the tree with the last clue on it towards the terrace houses were you will find a gate, walk down the path to the road and either go left or right and follow your GPS back to your car.
P.S. If you use the cheats please say so. I will Know!.
Vs lbh trg ybfg naq unir gevrq ernyyl ernyyl uneq gb svaq gur pnpur. Vg vf haqre fbzr ebpxf ng gur obggrz bs n fznyy ebpx snpr. 20 Zrgref qverpgyl bcbfvgr gur puhepu tngrf ???.
Gur pyhr gung jvyy znlor pnhfr lbh gur zbfg gebhoyr jbhyq gnxr lbh irel pybfr gb gur cho? Fb ybbx arne urer naq hfr lbhe oenva.