This first meeting of Interior Alaska cachers will be held in Fairbanks' Boston Pizza, located on the east side of Old Steese Highway between Trainor Gate Road and the Johanson Expressway. The reservation is under the name "Interior Cachers."
Please bring your entire geocaching team including junior members (crayons and coloring sheets will be provided for the young and young at heart) and any friends who you want to introduce to the addiction. To assure an adequate number of tables are reserved, please RSVP with the number in your party (broken out by adults and juniors) no later than Thursday, March 17, (should be easy to remember...it's St. Patrick's Day) by using the "Will Attend" log option on this Cache Event page. If you attend the function, you can log the Event Cache using the "Attended" option and earn another cool icon for your profile page. You are also encouraged to suggest changes to the below agenda via a direct e-mail to the Ladybug Kids or a Note to the cache page.
The draft agenda is:
- Introductions (just who are all those people behind the Team Names?)
- Approved Interior Alaska cache placement locations (discussions with land owners)
- Cache hiding ideas (don't give away your best ideas, but discuss at a high level how to prepare and hide a cache)
- Foreign and Intrastate cache exchanges
- Check out Cav Scout's signature item collection (he might even let you touch his Moun10bike coin)
- Best personal caching experiences
- Caching with junior cachers
- Any interest in minting an Alaskan geocoin?
- New name for this group since we will no longer be "anonymous."
- Next meeting location, date, and organizer
Bring a new trade item to add to an ammo can provided by the Ladybug Kids to start off a new cache. There will also be a "geocaching.com" door prize.
We look forward to meeting you.
Out of town visitors can also take advantage of their Fairbanks visit by watching the Open North American Championship sled dog race start and finish on 2nd Avenue downtown beginning at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and seeing the ice carving competition near Phillips Field Road and Peger.
Questions or Agenda Recommendation? E-mail the Ladybug Kids.
Current Fairbanks Weather