Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This cache is located very near to Ye Olde village of Dunster, and ice creams.
Access to the cache is by public footpath which starts at N 51.11.119 W003.26.618.close to the Information Centre. From the Centre walk about 75 yards towards the village and it is the first turning on the right.
For National Trust members only free parking is at N51.11.016 W003.26.577.
There is a large public car park near the Visitor Centre and the start of the footpath to the cache.
The Conygar Tower close by was built in 1775 and has been designated as a Grade II listed building.
It is a circular, 3 storey folly tower built of red sandstone, situated on a hill overlooking the village. It was commissioned by Henry Luttrell and designed by Richard Phelps and stands about 18 metres (59 ft) high so that it can be seen from Dunster Castle on the opposite hillside. There is no evidence that it ever had floors or a roof.
The name Conygar comes from two medieval words Coney meaning rabbit and Garth meaning garden, indicating that it was once a warren where rabbits were bred for food.
In 1997 a survey carried out by the Crown Estates identified cracks in the walls which were repaired in 2000.[
The cache is NOT at the Tower but 0.25 miles West and use of the clue is essential from the co-ordinates start point.
Fgnaq haqre nepu ba fvqr cngu, snpr Abegu Rnfg naq tb 32 hagvy lbh ner fghzcrq, ghea evtug sbe vgf oebgure naq qbag trg cevpxrq!