Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The search begins in the seaside town of Weymouth. We suggest parking in any of the town centre car parks. Allow about 1.5 hours to find the cache. The walk, allowing for the return to your start point is about 2.5 miles. There is a steepish climb on the last leg to the cache. The above coordinates are for the start of your search.
Evolving over the years by the combination of the two smaller ports of Melcombe Regis and Weymouth, the town of Weymouth became famous by the patronage of King George III in the 18th century. Now one of the country's leading seaside resorts, nearby Portland is soon to be the home of the sailing events at the 2012 Olympics.
Substitute numbers for letters were appropriate:
1. What year is shown on the plaque on this structure? a.b.b.c
The next location is at N 50 deg 36.5aa W 002 deg 2c.02b
2. There are two signs attached to railings here, make a note of the numbers, as follows:
d-e and f-dge
The next location is at N 50 deg 3e.g(g-d)(f+d) W 002 deg 2f.(dx2)fe
3. Standing at the given coordinates, take a look at the sign in an approximately SW direction on the opposite side of the water. What number do you have to call?
The next location is at N 50 deg 3n.kpp W 002 deg 2m.j(k+p)(m-k)
4. What was built here c1600?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
1 2 6 9 4 3 9 2 7 0
Your next location is at N 50 deg 36.uoe W 002 deg 27.er(r+r)
5. Lookout for the sign attached to the lamppost. What is it directing you to?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
7 8 0 9 4 5 0 4 1
The cache, a 2.1 litre bowl shaped plastic container, is located at N 50 deg 36.a o s W 002 deg 27.h a a
Watch out for muggles near the cache site. Some may have a canine friend!
Please ensure cache remains well hidden.
Enjoy the walk and the views!
Onfr vil pynq gerr