The cache is not at the coords above.
Read below to learn how to find this cache.
In 2004, Haicoole unveiled the California DeLorme Challenge cache. This cache is a twist on that idea.
This cache is dedicated to all the hardcore cachers across the state of Florida. This is for all those people who willing to go any lengths to get their smiley and to quest after an elusive goal. The cache reviewers of Florida are proud to post the
Florida Challenge Quests.
North Florida Challenge Quest
South Florida Challenge Quest
and for those completely committed cachers there's the ultimate
Florida Challenge Quest Final
The image above shows the counties that make up the state of Florida. The blue and green illustrate north and south Florida counties for the purpose of this Quest.
Florida Quest North and South will work as follows :
In order to claim this cache, you must first find a cache in each county (25 for South Challenge, 42 for North) (no whining about how they aren't equal - each Challenge offers the opportunity for a lot of travel around our beautiful state) using only caches you find after the posting of the Florida Cache Quest.
Then send the appropriate reviewer a bookmark file containing all of your finds for that quest. At the minimum a list containing cache name, waypoint GC ID, date of find.
Your file will be checked out (this may take some time) and you will then be sent the coordinates for the the appropiate Quest final. The find cannot be logged until the physical container is found and the logbook signed.
In the logbooks of the North and South Challenge Caches you will find a codeword.
Remember it! You'll need both to reveal the secret of The FINAL Challenge.
Based on feedback from the Challenges in other states, some guidelines need to be laid out:
1. As mentioned above, the posted coordinates are not the actual coordinates for the cache.
2. Generally accepted rules, guidelines and conditions for logging a cache find apply. These must be bona fide caches listed on Geocaching.com that you have personally (physically) found in place and logged. You may use only caches you find after the posting of the Florida Challenge Quest.
3. All cache types count for the Florida Challenge Quest except events (CITO included).
4. If cache stages cross county lines, the final coordinates must be in the county claimed.
5. While you may have others with you when you find the final cache, only those who have fulfilled ALL criteria for this cache will be allowed to log it as a find. Find logs by other cachers will be deleted.
6. When in doubt ask—we can discuss it or even seek guidance from others, but the final decision rests with the cache owner.
7. Added 11-05-2007 all county determinations will be made based on the Mapquest map on the cache page. Therefore if you are doing a geocache real close to a county line be careful. Maybe have a backup cache for the county in question.
Many thanks go out to Haicoole for the original idea for this cache and to the other cache owners who have taken the idea and run with it for their own states. And particulary to FloridaCacher, who initiated the Florida Challenge Quest.
This cache was placed by a member of the
Florida Geocaching Association