How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Little Brington is 5½ miles west of Northampton and east of Daventry. Parking: Pull up on the grass verge opposite the tower at N52°15.866 W001°01.770
Standing in the corner of a large field is a tall tower of the former Church of St John.
Built in 1856 by the 4th Earl Spencer, it was constructed as a Chapel of Ease for those at Little Brington and nearby Nobottle who found it difficult to attend services at Great Brington.
By the end of the Second World War St John’s had become unused and neglected, and so, during 1947 its gradual demolition began.
Before completion however, the Air Ministry asked that the tower and spire be spared as they appeared on RAF maps and were used as a landmark by their pilots
To get at this cache you enter the enclosure through the gate.
There is an electric fence, but it is insulated just inside the gate, step over or go under wire.
Onfr bs gnyy jbbqra tebjgu!
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum