Big Mac Attack!
MacDonald,
Manitoba
MacDonald was named after Sir John
A. MacDonald. It was earlier known as Drumconner. Both names were
being used as late as 1893.
The village of MacDonald was built on land donated by Mr. James
Cowan; the location being the northwest quarter of Section 35,
Township 12, Range 8.
August 1940 saw the construction of the RCAF No. 3 B & G
School. The first class of airmen to come for training in 1941 were
Australians. When the station closed in 1945, the Canadian Army
used it for a time as a "Vehicle Storage Depot". Then the RCAF took
it over as a "Gunner School".
In 1952, the government bought the north half of 2-13-8 for a
housing site and 150 units were built for airforce personnel.
The station closed again in 1959. The provincial government
bought the unoccupied airport in 1963 and sold the barrack blocks
by public auction the following year. It is presently the site of
Airport Hutterite Colony.
Magnetic key holder, with FTF,
be stealthy