Born to be first geocoin!
Found this item? Log in.
Print Info Sheet
|There are 2 users watching this listing.
Friday, 30 December 2011
This is not collectible.
Use TB4RMF2 to reference this item.
First time logging a Trackable? Click here.
Visit world most impressive bridges, buildings etc and collect pictures along the route. Beginning of this journey is Millau bridge.
About This Item
This is 3rd Latvias geocoin.
Meaning of symbols of geocoing:
1. Christmas tree - The first documented use of an evergreen tree in a Christmas celebration was in Riga, Latvia, in the year 1510 according to many sources.
2. Camera Minox - The Minox is a subminiature camera conceived in 1922 and invented in 1936 by German-Latvian Walter Zapp, which Latvian factory VEF (Valsts Elektrotehniskā Fabrika) manufactured from 1937 to 1943.Originally envisioned as a luxury item, it gained wide notoriety as a spy camera.
3. Tank - The first tank in the world was built in May of 1915 in Riga, at the plant called Russo-Balt. The machine was named all-terrain vehicle, its weight was 3.5-4 tons. There was place for a single person and it was bullet-proof. Its maximum speed was 25 km/h.
4. Flask - Latvia made many discoveries in chemistry. Most well-known invention of Dr. Janis Polis was remantadine – an antiviral agent that is most effective against type A influenza virus. Mildronate is an antischemic agent of a metabolic action (cardioprotector) produced by Grindex in Latvia.
5. Flying figure - Aerodium Latvia is a company based in Sigulda, Latvia, which owns and runs the first vertical wind tunnel in Eastern Europe. The vertical wind tunnel (VWT) is located near Sigulda, the most visited tourist area in Latvia. The company became known after the 2006 Torino XX Winter Olympic Games closing ceremonies, because Aerodium Latvia helped produce the part of the show that featured flying acrobats. The tunnel blows a wind stream of 200 km/h within a diameter of 3.7 meters.
6. And flag of Latvia of course.
Gallery Images related to Born to be first geocoin!View All 10 Gallery Images
Tracking History (11080.6mi) View Map