Love Bug-Post Small Pink Acrylic
Found this item? Log in.
Print Info Sheet
|There is 1 user watching this listing.
Wednesday, 04 June 2014
Texas, United States
The owner hasn't set their collectible preference.
Use TB60ZKK to reference this item.
First time logging a Trackable? Click here.
Please drop this item in rural OR Premium Member Only caches. Do not place it in an urban cache or abandon it at a caching event. Transport the bug in the original plastic bag for as long as the bag lasts; the bag keeps the trackable clean and prevents tangling with other items. Otherwise, take the travel bug anywhere you wish. No permission is needed to leave the U.S.
Photos in the travel bug logs are appreciated. I will be re-post them here, where they can be seen by other cachers.
About This Item
This is one of a series of heart-shaped items obtained from different places and converted into travel bugs. This one is named for Post, Texas. The original glass heart went missing from a muggled cache in Albuquerque, but bosha420 found the dogtag at the site and notified the owner. The owner sent a replacement small, brown, wooden heart to bosha420 who reassembled the TB and put it back into service.
Post is a city in and the county seat of Garza County, Texas, United States. The population was 5,376 at the 2010 census. The town is located on the edge of the caprock escarpment of the Llano Estacado, the southeastern edge of the Great Plains. It is at the crossroads of U.S. Routes 84 and 380. Post was originally founded in 1907 as "Post City" as a utopian colonizing venture of CW Post, the breakfast cereal manufacturer. Post devised the community as a model town.
He purchased 200,000 acres of ranchland and established the Double U Company to manage the town's construction. The company built trim houses and numerous structures, which included the Algerita Hotel, a gin, and a textile plant. They planted trees along every street and prohibited alcoholic beverages and brothels. The Double U Company rented and sold farms and houses to settlers.
A post office began in a tent during the year of Post City's founding. Two years later the town had a school, a bank, and a newspaper, the Post City Post, the same name as the daily in St. Louis, Missouri. The Garza County paper today is called the Post Dispatch. The railroad reached the town in 1910. The town changed its name to "Post" when it incorporated in 1914, the year of C. W. Post's death. By then, Post had a population of one thousand, ten retail businesses, a dentist, a physician, a sanitarium, and Baptist, Methodist, and Presbyterian churches.
Gallery Images related to Love Bug-Post Small Pink AcrylicView All 3 Gallery Images
Tracking History (8231.4mi) View Map