This cache is a well-stocked (when placed...) 1 litre lock'n'lock box that has been cammo'd.
The location is close to our home, on part of the disused Caledonian Railway that bisects the Shandon Conservation Area. This area of Edinburgh was developed in the late 19th century to provide housing for workers employed by the industries that had sprung up outside of Edinburgh city centre along the path of the railway. To the south of the railway line is Shaftesbury Park Colony (1883-1904), providing a good example of the move away from traditional tenements towards smaller buildings with their own entrances and gardens. On the north side is the Shandon development (1880-1883) which differs in style but was also intended for lower-middle class families. The disused railway line has been designated as a Wildlife Corridor.
The track is used by dog walkers so some stealth may be required. Don't be surprised if you see cars and vans using it as well - it provides access to the railway sidings at the end of the track.
Access to the area is from the end of Harrison Place (the former site of Merchiston Station) at N55° 56.092 W003° 13.699. Slightly longer but potentially more interesting is to follow the muddy path from N55° 56.261 W003° 13.484. This was the line of the Caledonian Railway when it used to come from Edinburgh along what is now the Western Approach Road.
First to Find: skinnymalinky