How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Cache is located near the Anninmuiža Manor.
Till the beginning of the 19th century Anninmuiza Manor was known with its olden place-name Meinera Manor(Meinershoff; Meyners Hof). It is mentioned in sources since 1595. Gotthard von Vegesack rented this estate for Otto von Vietinghoff gen. Scheel in 1768. For that time there was wooden dwelling-house, cowshed and stable. After Vietinghoff's wedding with Anna Ulricha von Minih this manor was recalled after her name. Local people called this place the "jollity manor" as the many advertising events took place there. After the death of Otto von Vietinghoff different spooky ghost-stories were told about this manor-house. Anayway, Anna sold this estate to Otto Heinrich von Igelstrom. In 1817 Georgh Losbergh became the proprietor of Annenhof. Proprietors were often changing one after other: J. E. Shmidh (1842), N. Hill (1843), J. K. Villemson (1849), Carl Ferdinand Miller (1851). Stock makler K.Jensen became the proprietor of this estate in 1889. His family managed this manor till agrarian reform in 1920s. The new manor-house was built beside the centre of estate and the regularry planning park was created. The architect of this eclectic Historicism style building is unknown. The manor-house was demolated during revolutionary unrests in 1905 and after the 1st World War this manor was left almost in ruins. After reconstruction this bilding became the property of Pedagogy Faculty of Latvian University. About the Manor in Latvian: http://www.pilis.lv/a_pnm/view.php?id=4588&prop_id=211
P.S. Informacija tiem, kas mekle bez GPS un neko nesajedz no kartem. Slepnis neatrodas pašaa muižas ekaa un ari vinas tieša tuvuma ne. Neejiet tur un netraucejiet muiža stradajošiem darbu!!!
nebhaq gur pbeare
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum