Skip to Content

This cache has been archived.

FF Dump: We beschouwen deze cache als verloren en plaatsen hem helaas in het archief.

More
<

Rabbits Paradise Terschelling

A cache by Team Firefox Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 8/17/2008
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
2 out of 5

Size: Size: regular (regular)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:






With a length of 30 km and an average width of 3.5 km, the island of Terschelling boasts a quite varied landscape. On the north coast there is a 30 km long beach, sometimes as much as 1 km wide! Beyond this beach there is a very broad strip of dune.The transition of dune into polder landscape is characterized by land areas bordered by tree belts. Further southward the wide polder extends. Different soil types and elevations give the polder a varied vegetation. Characteristic of the Terschelling polder are the duck decoys which arise here and there.



A dike separates the Wadden Sea from the polder. 80% of the island is a nature reserve area; the other 20% consists of cultivated meadows, villages, roads etc. West Terschelling, which is reached by a ferry, is the largest of the island's villages. From West Terschelling a road runs eastward, passing various villages such as Baaiduinen, Midsland, Formerum, Lies, Hoorn and finally, Oosterend. Terschelling boasts a wide choice in overnight accomodation available.


Once arrived on Terschelling with Rederij Doeksen or Rederij E.V.T. there are a number of caches to visit among this one. The small ammocan container can be found in the entrance of a rabbit hole on the given coordinates on top of this page and the spoiler picture will help you to find it easily. The cache location is about ten meters from a path. The cache contains three logbooks, please first use number I, when it's full number II and finally number III. If you can, please include some pictures of the island Terschelling. Thanks!


free hit counter

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Gur fznyy nzzbpna pna or sbhaq va gur ragenapr bs n enoovg ubyr.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

391 Logged Visits

Found it 369     Didn't find it 14     Write note 6     Archive 1     Publish Listing 1     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 42 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated:
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.