Minnesota's First Ever Canoe-in Geocaching Event
Come and join us for a run down the Cannon River from Cannon Falls to the Miesville Ravine landing, approximately 6.5 miles of spectacular paddling and geocaching. Following the river run, we'll all gather and have some eats, drinks and practice socialism (not the Russian kind).
Kayakers are welcome too! Paddling is encouraged but not required. If you don't paddle, come and geocache and be social. If you don't own a canoe or a kayak, there is a rental service in Cannon Falls.
This stretch of the Cannon River provides a perfect venue for the adventuresome geocacher. There are 7 geocaches on this stretch of the river. There is a geocache at each of the landings, top and bottom. There are four additional geocaches in the primary end of the park. There are two other premium geocaches located about two miles northwest in the upper end of the park, off of Michael Avenue. All geocaches are permanent.
Where:Miesville Ravine Regional Park
When: September 27th, 2008
Who: Any geocachers, paddlers, paddling geocachers, families, friends, ALL are welcome!
- 10:00 am: Early arrival and setup
- 10:30 am - 11:00 am:Shuttle service from Miesville Ravine landing to Cannon Falls landing
(TO BE CONFIRMED)
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Arrive back at Miesville Ravine for gathering
- 2:00 pm: Geocaching and socializing.
- 4:00 pm: Door Prize Drawing (Must be present)
- 5:00 pm: Party's over. See you next year?
General Event Info:
- We welcome everyone to join us for as long as you like.
- Bring a dish to share: dessert, salad, hot dish, MEAT for the grill, whatever.
- Bring your own drinks, plates, cups and utensils.
- Come prepared for "changing" weather.
- I HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT PADDLERS BRING AND WEAR LIFE PRESERVERS. I BELIEVE IT'S NOW THE LAW and NO ONE is responsible or liable other than yourself. You paddle and geocache at your own risk.
- Admission and parking is FREE! (unless shuttle service is required)
There may be a fee if you choose to use the shuttle service. Shuttle service is optional. To keep this cache listing in compliance with rules about commercial content, I will not promote shuttle service one way or the other. I will, however, let you know that I am attempting to get a group rate for the shuttle service. It is imperative that your RSVP contain whether or not you need shuttle service for your own boat. I've been told that NON-GROUP rate is $10.00 per person if you bring your own boat. If you rent a boat, the shuttle service IS INCLUDED in your rental fee.
- Door prize items
- Food to pass
If you are planning on coming, log a "will attend" on this page with how many will be coming, how many boats, and whether or not you you require shuttle service. Put this cache on your watch list so you will be informed of all the updates.
To download waypoints of Cannon Falls and surrounding area in report format ready to be printed, grab the PDF file from my website.
To download waypoints to your GPSr ahead of time, grab the ZIP file from my website. It contains all of the necessary GDB and GPX files for Cannon Falls and surrounding area.
Any questions or suggestions? Send me a private message through geocaching.com with your input. This is my first event so please be patient as I attempt to work through the details.
SEE YOU THERE!!