Skip to content

This cache has been archived.

btreviewer: Esta cache foi arquivada por falta de uma resposta atempada e/ou adequada perante as situações relatadas. Relembro a secção das guidelines sobre a manutenção http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=307#maint :

[quote]
You are responsible for occasional visits to your cache to maintain proper working order, especially when someone reports a problem with the cache (missing, damaged, wet, etc.). You may temporarily disable your cache to let others know not to search for it until you have a chance to fix the problem. This feature is to allow you a reasonable amount of time – normally a few weeks – in which to check on your cache. If a cache is not being maintained, or has been temporarily disabled for an unreasonable length of time, we may archive the listing.

Because of the effort required to maintain a geocache, we ask that you place physical caches in your usual caching area and not while on a vacation or business trip. It is best when you live within a manageable distance from the cache placements to allow for return visits. Geocaches placed during travel may not be published unless you are able to demonstrate an acceptable maintenance plan, which must allow for a quick response to reported problems. An acceptable maintenance plan might include the username of a local geocacher who will handle maintenance issues in your absence.[/quote]

Como owner, se tiver planos para recolocar a cache, por favor, contacte-me por [url=http://www.geocaching.com/email/?u=btreviewer]e-mail[/url].

Lembro que a eventual reactivação desta cache passará pelo mesmo processo de análise como se fosse uma nova cache, com todas as implicações que as guidelines actuais indicam.

Se no local existe algum container, por favor recolha-o a fim de evitar que se torne lixo (geolitter).

Obrigado

[b] btreviewer [/b]
Geocaching.com Volunteer Cache Reviewer

[url=http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=77][i][b]Work with the reviewer, not against him.[/b][/i][/url]

More
<

Lusitani: Pinhal Litoral

A cache by Spelios Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 09/14/2008
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
2 out of 5

Size: Size:   regular (regular)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


 

LUSITANI

"Pinhal Litoral"

 

   Photobucket 

 
[Português]


PhotobucketO Pinhal Litoral é uma subregião estatística portuguesa, parte da Região Centro e do Distrito de Leiria. Limita a            norte com o Baixo Mondego, a leste com o Pinhal Interior Norte e o Médio Tejo, a sul com a Lezíria do Tejo e a oeste      com o Oeste e o Oceano Atlântico . Área: 1741 km². População (2001): 249 596. Compreende 5 concelhos:
     
     Batalha
; Leiria; Marinha Grande; Pombal; Porto de Mós
                                                                                                               
BATALHA

Emblema das Armas da Batalha Situada na margem esquerda do Rio Lena, Batalha é sede de concelho do distrito de Leiria, da qual dista 12 Kms.

O nome e a vida da Vila da Batalha é a história do seu mosteiro de Stª Maria da Vitória. Assim não teriam passado três anos do dia 14 de Agosto de 1385 data da Batalha de Aljubarrota, quando o Mosteiro começou a ser construído, no cumprimento do voto feito por D. João I à Virgem, de lhe dedicar um mosteiro se derrotasse o invasor castelhano nessa heróica batalha, decisiva para a consolidação da independência de Portugal e para o surgimento da nova Dinastia de Avis. Mosteiro da Batalha

O Mosteiro, nomeado pela UNESCO Património da Humanidade, em rigor não foi edificado no local do combate que se travou a 2 Kms da vila da Batalha, na localidade de S. Jorge, mas no pequeno vale do rio Lena. Esta magnífica construção é o grande monumento do gótico final português, um dos primeiros onde se estreou a arte manuelina e uma das mais belas Igrejas da Europa no final da Idade Média. Os modelos do gótico flamejante, adoptados neste sumptuoso edifício, marcam o apogeu do estilo gótico e são um símbolo da arte do séc.XV.

Na praça lateral do mosteiro encontramos o Monumento Equestre do Condestável D. Nuno Álvares Pereira. A estátua, de 1968, recorda o heróico comandante que na Batalha de Aljubarrota derrotou um exército invasor três vezes maior que o seu.

Em redor, estende-se a Vila da Batalha, ainda com algum casario antigo, baixo, bem caiado de branco, de onde se destaca a torre da Igreja Matriz, templo decorado na fachada por um portal manuelino e, no interior, por uma capela-mor abobadada com dois retábulos renascentistas nas capelas laterais. A capela da Misericórdia, nas traseiras da Igreja Matriz é de inspiração Barroco-Joanina e data do séc. XVIII. Próxima da antiga Estr. Nac. 1 situa-se a bela Ponte da Boutaca, (unica no país com quatro casas de portageiro, cuja construção teve inicio na segunda metade do Séc. XIX, em 1862, durante o reinado de D. Luis e apresenta traços do estilo neo-gótico).

Dos pequenos muros de pedra solta, caracteristicos das serras agrestes da freguesia de São Mamede destacam-se os moinhos de vento que proporcionam excelentes vistas do Concelho da Batalha e de outras zonas envolventes.

O PLANALTO DE S. MAMEDE E AS GRUTAS DA MOEDA proporcionam paisagens férteis ou áridas, que se encontram ora no planalto ou nos cabeços e cerros. Localizadas na localidade da Moita do Martinho, foram descobertas em 1971 por dois caçadores que, perseguindo uma raposa, viriam a descobrir galerias subterrâneas com fantásticas formações calcárias. A erosão provocada pelas águas no subsolo, foi criando ao longo de milhões de anos, cavidades e galerias subterrâneas, por onde teriam passado grandes lençóis de água, deixando belas grutas com espectaculares estalactites e estalagmites, visitáveis durante todo o ano. O nome das Grutas surgiu a partir a partir de uma lenda que retrata a passagem de um homem abastado e que, ao ser atacado e saqueado num matagal, deixou cair um saco de moedas, num algar - cavidade subterrânea - originando assim a designação de "Grutas da Moeda".

Muitas são as tradições populares e religiosas reflectidas nas festas, no artesanato, bem como na Arte da Cantaria na Escola Tradicional de Artes e Ofícios da Batalha.

Na Gastronomia de concelho encontramos pratos e sabores tradicionais distinguindo-se as "Morcelas de Arroz" e o Sarrabulho com Bacalhau assado. E, nos doces as "Cavacas de Reguengo", os bolos de "Perna", de "Palma" e de "Ferradura" e ainda os excelentes vinhos da Adega Cooperativa da Batalha.


LEIRIA

Emblema das Armas de Leiria Capital de distrito, Leiria nasceu no morro do castelo. Por lá passaram Romanos, Visigodos e Àrabes. Com a afirmação da fé cristã e expansão do reino, D. Afonso Henriques, toma o castelo aos mouros em 1135. Data de 1195 o último ataque aos muçulmanos, mas o burgo continuará a viver dentro das muralhas do castelo, até ao séc. XIII, com excepção da igreja de S. Pedro, templo românico, fundado junto às portas do castelo.

De tempos mais recentes é a Sé Catedral, o Convento de Santo Agostinho, a Igreja da Misericórdia e o Santuário de Nossa Senhora da Encarnação, de onde o visitante pode apreciar uma bela panorâmica do centro e arredores de Leiria.

Nos arredores encontramos o Santuário do Senhor dos Milagres a 6 Kms e a Casa-Museu João Soares nas Cortes. Ainda na cidade, o Largo Cândido dos Reis enche-se durante a noite de gente que frequenta o mais conhecido Terreiro da Região, pela existência de vários bares que animam a parte velha da cidade. Leiria vista da cidade com o castelo

No Norte do Pinhal de Leiria, o mais antigo pinhal de Portugal, a Lagoa da Ervideira refresca as matas nacionais, antes de chegar por fim à única praia do concelho de Leiria – Praia do Pedrógão. Pressentimos a tradição da pesca ora nos barcos típicos ora nas redes dos pescadores, e por todo o concelho descobrimos nas festas tradicionais de danças e cantares, os sabores da região.

À mesa desfilam, as lagostas, os lavagantes e as amêijoas, e ainda do oceano, os robalos, os sargos, os linguados e a apreciada sardinha. Quando for a vez da carne, provem-se os assados de perna de borrego, os cozidos à portuguesa, a morcela de arroz, as febras de porco na brasa e o suculento Leitão à Moda da Boa Vista, assado aberto e espalmado. Nos doces destacam-se as "brisas do Lis" e os bolos de pinhão.


MARINHA GRANDE

Brasão da Marinha GrandeSituada entre o mar e o concelho de Leiria a sua história começa no final do séc. XV, depois do Pinhal de Leiria ser semeado. Além de impedir as areias de avançarem, o Pinhal de Leiria contribuiu, com a sua madeira, para a construção das embarcações que levaram adiante a Epopeia dos Descobrimentos Portugueses.

No séc. XVIII instala-se na Marinha Grande a actividade vidreira onde a matéria-prima e o combustivel (areia e madeira) foi essencial quando utilizada nos exigentes fornos vidreiros que tornavam real a imaginação e habilidade dos operários. Após gerações e gerações, o sector vidreiro, depois de atravessar uma fase difícil, está de novo reactivado, e a produção de vidro e cristal, embora com técnicas inovadoras, tem de novo valor significativo.

Um dos mais importantes testemunhos do passado são os edifícios que compõem o Palácio Stephens (antiga Fábrica-Escola Irmãos Stephens) Vidro de Marinha Grandee onde está hoje instalada uma Escola Profissional e Artística, bem como o tão esperado Museu do Vidro. Aqui estão espostos vidros antigos que remontam aos tempos da fundação da fábrica, admiráveis colecções de taças, jarras, jarrões e outras valiosas peças em vidro e em cristal lapidado. Outro ponto de interesse é o Museu da Fábrica de Vidros Santos Barosa onde estão expostos objectos e maquinaria usados na produção manual e semi-automática de garrafas, garrafões e outros vidros de embalagem bem como a reconstituição da entrada de um forno.

No centro da cidade as pequenas ruas convergem na Praça Guilherme Stephens onde se encontra o edifício dos Paços do Concelho, o Teatro Stephens e o Mercado Municipal outrora uma fábrica de resinagem (1859). Podemos ainda visitar os Jardins Stephens, Parque da Cerca, Parque dos Martires do Colonialismo, e Jardim Luís de Camões, junto ao Museu Joaquim Correia, no antigo Palácio Taibner de Morais, com um espólio rico em escultura, medalha, desenho e pintura do próprio, e nos arredores o Parque do Engenho.

Entre a Marinha Grande e o mar, impõe-se essa "catedral verde e sussurrante", com uma área de cerca de 12 000 Hectares conhecida por Pinhal de Leiria e por Pinhal do Rei. Quem pretender fazer o trajecto que liga Marinha Grande a S. Pedro de Moel de bicicleta pode fazê-lo na nova pista para ciclistas ou descer ao longo da Ribeira de S. Pedro até à Ponte Nova e desaguar junto à Praia Velha.

Surge-nos S. Pedro de Moel, uma praia de ar cosmopolita e aristocrático, terra do poeta Afonso Lopes Vieira viveu uma parte significativa da sua vida e escreveu, na sua casa-nau, algumas das mais belas obras, actualmente Casa Museu Afonso Lopes Vieira, onde pode apreciar diversos objectos pessoais: desenhos, peças de arte e muitas obras de poesia, teatro e romance. À noite de S. Pedro converge grande número de pessoas, animadas não só pelos bares existentes, mas também por eventos culturais que se realizam na pequena praça junto à praia.

Na direcção da Praia da Vieira, o farol imponente e preventivo ilumina a noite. É nesta praia de pescadores que se pode saborear uma boa caldeirada, um rico arroz de marisco ou até provar o famoso Licor de Leite, depois de adquirir um pequeno barco de pesca feito por um artesão da região.



POMBAL

Brasão de PombalTal como na maior parte de centros medievais tudo começa no castelo ou no seu morro. Assim, na definição do mundo cristão e do mundo muçulmano Gualdim Pais, Mestre da Ordem dos Templários constrói o Castelo de Pombal no ano de 1171.

Esta Terra dá o título ao famoso Ministro do rei D. José, Sebastião José de Carvalho e Melo - O Marquês de Pombal – que aqui viveu os seus últimos dias até falecer em 8 de Maio de 1782. Os seus restos mortais ficaram depositados no Convento de Stº. António até 1856, data em que foram transferidos para Lisboa. O Convento de Stº. António mandado erigir pelo Conde de Castelo Melhor foi completado com a construção da Igreja de Nª Sª do Cardal. Nas instalações do Convento está hoje a Câmara Municipal. A Praça com o mesmo nome é considerada o centro histórico da cidade com os seus edifícios setecentistas, a Igreja Matriz de S. Martinho, o Celeiro do Marquês, a antiga cadeia, onde foi instalado recentemente o Museu Municipal do Marquês de Pombal e que mostra um valioso conjunto de peças de arte e documentos relacionados com o Marquês de Pombal, e a Torre do Relógio Velho mandada construir por D. Pedro I, no séc. XIV para aí serem recolhidos os tributos devidos pelos não cristãos. O visitante pode ainda repousar no parque ajardinado do Jardim do Cardal no qual se encontra o monumento de Ernesto Korrodi ao Marquês de Pombal.

Os arredores da cidade estão povoados por lembranças vivas do passado. A Redinha foi uma das primeiras Vilas da Ordem dos Templários, e situa-se no vale do rio Anços onde podemos encontrar uma ponte românica rodeada de campos de arroz, açudes e antigas azenhas, além de Igrejas com obras de arte barroca. Também Abiúl é Vila fundada pelos Templários, possui a mais antiga Praça de Touros do País onde ainda hoje se pode assistir a Corridas de Toiros de Gala à Antiga Portuguesa. Além da grande influência da Ordem dos Templários, a arte barroca tem a sua melhor expressão no Louriçal mais propriamente na Igreja Joanina do Convento das Clarissas, ainda hoje habitado em regime de clausura por esta ordem religiosa feminina. Castelo de Pombal

Nem só de História vive esta região, pois no prolongamento do Maciço Calcário Estremenho encontra-se a Serra de Sicó. Toda a sua paisagem chama à aventura, nas grutas, lapas, algares, caminhos, e também à descoberta das suas pequenas aldeias de pedra rodeadas de muros. Persistem algumas tradições seculares como o moer do grão para fazer farinha ou o secar da roupa simplesmente estendida ao sol. Não se poderá deixar de apreciar os sabores dos queijos da Serra de Sicó, o cabrito, ou mesmo os bolos em forma de passarinho ou de meninas. Do artesanato dos tapetes, cestas, e esteiras de Bracejo, à cerâmica pintada à mão, ou mesmo à tecelagem de mantas em tear manual, o difícil é optar.

E da Serra descemos para a costa através da Mata Nacional do Urso, prolongamento do Pinhal de Leiria, entrando outra vez na zona do sol, areia e mar, onde praias como a do Osso da Baleia, mais tranquilas, proporcionam o bem estar, a quem procura praticar desportos náuticos ou simplesmente deleitar-se ao Sol.


PORTO DE MÓS

Brasão de Porto de MósTerra milenar, Porto de Mós (Portus de Molis) possui vestígios de várias civilizações seja de
Roma (Estrada Romana de Alqueidão da Serra), de muçulmanos, e até mesmo fósseis e ossadas de Dinossáurios, expostos no Museu Municipal. Como figura notável da História Nacional, surge-nos D. Fuas Roupinho, primeiro alcaide do castelo, o qual defendeu com feitos heróicos, imortalizados nos Lusíadas de Luís de Camões. O castelo de feições palacianas e planta quadrangular possui quatro torreões do reinado de D. Afonso - Conde de Ourém.

O visitante pode também visitar a Igreja Matriz de S. João Baptista com um portal românico, no seu interior o altar - mor apresenta uma rica decoração em talha dourada.

A Igreja de S. Pedro de Estilo Barroco fazia parte no séc. XVIII do Convento dos Agostinhos Descalços.

A Capela de Stº António é uma pequena ermida de peregrinação, forrada de azulejos setecentistas.

Alusivos à Batalha de Aljubarrota, existe na povoação de S. Jorge a 6 Kms de Porto de Mós a Capela de S. Jorge de Aljubarrota onde se podem ver as célebres armadilhas medievais "Cova de Lobo". No mesmo local o Museu Militar reconstitui alguns dos aspectos da Batalha de 14 de Agosto de 1385 entre os exércitos de Portugal e de Castela.Castelo de Porto de Mós

A Natureza circunda a vila de Porto de Mós e daqui podemos partir à descoberta do Parque Natural das Serras de Aire e Candeeiros bem como as Grutas de Alvados, Stº António e Mira de Aire. O Parque Natural proporciona paisagens de grande beleza, como a depressão da Mendiga, onde encontramos as belas lagoas do Arrimal, os moínhos de pedra da Portela de Vale Espinho e as florestas de carvalho - cerquinho. No Planalto da Serra de Stº António, imperam os muros de pedra solta, pequenos algares como o Chão das Pias, depressões cársicas como o Vale Canada e a Fórnea com uma excelente vista sobre o Polje de Alvados. O Polje de Mira de Aire/Minde separa a Serra de Stº António da Serra de Aire, e forma em Invernos mais rigorosos um extenso lago temporário que escoa algum tempo depois para o interior da terra. Recentemente foi descoberto um trilho de pegadas de Dinossáurios na "Pedreira do Galinha" (flanco oriental da Serra de Aire) a cerca de 10 Kms de Fátima – na localidade de Bairro, numa área protegida do Parque Natural das Serras de Aire e Candeeiros. A laje de calcário do Jurássico Médio, com cerca de 175 milhões de anos tem pelo menos 20 pistas algumas com mais de 100m de extensão. São possíveis visitas através de marcação ou de visitas autónomas com enquadramento audiovisual opcional.



in: www.rt-leiriafatima.pt



[English]

 

BATALHA

At a distance of 12 km from Leiria, we find Batalha in the banks of the Lena River. The name and the history of the town are the history of its Monastery of “Santa Maria da Vitória” (St. Mary of the Victory). Three years had passed from August 14th 1385, the date of the Aljubarrota battle, when the Monastery’s construction began in fulfilment of the vow made by King John I to the Virgin Mary.
The king had promised to build a monastery if he was successful in that historical battle. This was a decisive battle for the consolidation of the Portuguese independence and also for the establishment of the Avis dynasty.
The Monastery, UNESCO’s World Heritage, was built not on the battlefield, but 3 km away, in the valley of the Lena River, to allow the presence of a monastic community. This magnificent building is the Portuguese final Gothic greatest monument, one of the first to receive “Manueline” art decoration and one of the most beautiful European churches of the late Middle Ages. The flamboyant art used in this monument marks the high point of the Gothic style and is a symbol of the late 15th century art. Not far from the entrance of the Monastery stands the Equestrian Monument of Nuno Álvares Pereira - Army Commander of the Kingdom. Dating from 1968, the statue honours the heroic commander that defeated an invading army three times its size, in the Aljubarrota Battle.
The village developed around the Monastery. One can also admire the tower of the Parish Church; a beautiful temple decorated with a Manueline doorway, and in the interior, having two Renaissance altarpieces. Behind this church stands the Church of Mercy of King John V of baroque style inspiration, from the 18th century.
To the west of the Monastery, on the old road, stands the Boutaca Bridge in a neo-Gothic style. Not far from the town one can find the S. Mamede’s Plateau and also “Grutas da Moeda (Coins Caves). The erosion created by the passing underground waters, for millions of years, gave origin to caves and subterraneous galleries of spectacular stalactites and stalagmites. The “Grutas da Moeda” are an example of such beauty and they can be visited all year round. Many are the popular and religious traditions of this area, which are reflected in the festivities, handicrafts, as well as in the Batalha’s Traditional Stone Arts School.
Traditional dishes and flavours can be found in the “Morcelas de Arroz” and in the “Grilled codfish - Sarrabulho”. Sweets like “Cavacas do Reguengo” and “Perna” and “Palma” Cakes are the specialities to taste, accompanied with a delicious glass of wine from the “Batalha’s Adega Cooperativa” (local wine cellar).

 

LEIRIA

 

 

 

Capital of the district, Leiria developed on the Castle’s hill.
When the Portuguese kingdom started to expand its borders and Christian faith was being settled, the 1st Portuguese King, Afonso Henriques, conquered the Castle from the Moors, in 1135. In 1195 was the last Moorish assault, but the town will still continue to live within the castle’s walls until the 13th century, except for the “Igreja de S. Pedro” (St. Peter Church), a Romanic temple built near the castle’s gates. The city has other churches also worthy of a visit, temples like “Sé” (the Cathedral), “Igreja e Convento de Santo Agostinho” (St. Augustine Convent), “Igreja da Misericórdia” (Mercy Church) “Igreja do Espírito Santo” (Holy Spirit Church), “Igreja de S. Francisco” (St. Francis) and the “Santuário da Nª Srª da Encarnação” (Sanctuary of Our Lady of Incarnation). 
Still in the historical centre of the town, Cândido dos Reis Square is also a meeting place for young people. Here several bars and pubs bring to life this old part of the town. Only 6 km away from Leiria, in Milagres, the Sanctuary of Our Lord of Milagres also deserves a visit. But the municipality has other charms! Only a few minutes away, to the north, one can take a relaxing drive through the Leiria’s Pine Forest, the oldest Portuguese pine forest and arrive at Pedrógão Beach. Here, traditions are present either in the typical boats or in the fishermen’s nets.
If you prefer a peaceful scenery try a pick-nick at the Ervideira Lake. Within this municipality, it is still possible to find many true flavours and traditional celebrations. At table, lobsters, spider-crabs and clams, as well as rock-basses, sea-breams, soles, the traditional sardines and the Boa Vista suckling pig, all a delight to everyone!
If meat is your favourite, than you should taste the roasted lamb leg, the Portuguese “cozido”, the typical pork sausages and the grilled pork steaks. “Brisas do Lis” and “pine-nut cakes” are the most known sweet specialities.

 

MARINHA GRANDE

 

Marinha Grande is located between the sea and the municipality of Leiria. Its History began at the end of the 15th century, after the plantation of the Leiria’s Pine Forest. This Forest contributed, not only to hold the sands that the winds from the coast dragged inland, but also with wood for the construction of the caravels used in the Portuguese Discoveries.
In the 18th century, the glass industry came to Marinha Grande, where the required raw materials (sand and firewood) were essential to glassmaking craftsmen. Their imagination and ability were responsible, generation after generation, for a flourishing glass industry. Nowadays, the glass and crystal industry after passing a difficult period has a new impulse, due to innovative techniques it has regained great value. Part of that history can be seen in the buildings from the Stephens’ Nucleus (the former factory-school), where today you will find the Professional Art School and the Glass Museum in the Stephens’ Palace. Here are exhibited some old glass objects as well as valuable crystal pieces. 
Another interesting visiting point is the Museum of the Santos Barosa Glass Factory where there is an exhibition of items and utensils used in the manual production of glass as well as a glass kiln. In the city centre, narrow streets converge into the Guilherme Stephens’ Square where one can find the Town Hall and the old Municipal Market, formerly an old resin factory (1859), completing the Stephens’ Nucleus. The Joaquim Correia Museum, in the former Barosa Palace, exhibits important collections of the artist’s sculptures and paintings.
The Pine Forest of Leiria, that "green and murmuring cathedral", lies between Marinha Grande and the sea, covering 11 050 acres. Nowadays, it’s possible to cycle from Marinha Grande to S. Pedro de Moel in the new cycling track, or go down through leafy trees along S. Pedro's brook up to the Ponte Nova and Praia Velha (old beach). S. Pedro de Moel, an aristocratic seaside town, is the town of the well known national poet Afonso Lopes Vieira, where his House-museum exhibits, on the outside, the art and style of the Portuguese architect Raúl Lino, and inside, the diversity of his personal objects: such as drawings, art pieces, poetry, theatre plays and novel books. S. Pedro de Moel is also known for its nightlife. Bars and pubs, but also cultural events, attract many people from other nearby towns. In the direction of Vieira Beach, stands the imposing presence of the Penedo da Saudade Lighthouse.At Vieira, a fishermen’s beach, try the delicious “Caldeirada” (fish stew), or the rich “Arroz de Marisco” (shellfish rice) or even savour the sweet “Licor de Leite” (Milk Liqueur) and don’t forget to buy a miniature handmade local fishing boat.

POMBAL

 

Like most of the medieval centres, Pombal’s history also starts with its Castle. Gualdim Pais, the 1st Portuguese Great-master of the Knights Templar, built the Castle in 1171. This land gave name to the famous minister of King Joseph I, Sebastião José de Carvalho e Melo – Marquis of Pombal – who spent here is last living years, until his death in 1782. His tomb remained in the St. Anthony’s Convent until 1856, when it was transferred to Lisbon. St. Anthony’s Convent was built by the orders of the Count of Castelo Melhor and was completed with the construction of Our Lady of Cardal’s Church. Nowadays the Convent houses the Town Hall. The Marquis of Pombal Square is the town’s historical centre, with its 18th century buildings: St. Martin’s Parish Church; the Marquis’ Granary; the old Jail and the old Clock Tower built by the orders of King Peter I, in the 14th century, to collect the taxes owed by the non-Christians. 
The old Jail now houses the Municipal Museum, which exhibits a valuable collection of art pieces and documents related to the Marquis of Pombal. In Cardal’s Garden, a nice place for some restful moments, you can find the Marquis of Pombal’s Statue by Korrodi. The town’s surroundings are full of living memories from the past. Redinha, located at the river Anços valley, was one of the first villages settled by the Knights Templar. A Romanic bridge, rice fields, weirs, watermills and churches decorated with baroque art are also part of this enchanting landscape. Another Templar town is Abiúl, having the oldest bullring in the country and where it is still possible to see the old-fashion Portuguese Gala bullfight.
Baroque art has its best expression in Louriçal, at the Clarissa’s Convent, still inhabited today by this enclosed feminine religious order.
However, not only from history lives this region, because also of interest is the Sicó Mountain, an extension of the Estremenho Limestone Massif.
This landscape invites to adventures into the caves (grottoes), gullies, dens and tracks, and also to discover the small stone houses surrounded by stonewalls. Some old traditions can still be found here, like grinding the grains to make flour or drying clothes scattered under the sun. While here try the Sicó Mountain cheeses, the kid, or the cakes representing small birds and girls. Handicrafts offer a wide variety of handmade baskets, rugs, hand painted ceramics and hand weaved wool blankets. The difficulty is to choose. And from the Mountain let’s go down to the coast through the “Mata Nacional do Urso” (Bear’s National Wood), an extension of the Leiria’s Pine Forest.
Once again finding the sun and sea, where peaceful beaches, like Osso da Baleia, offer water sports opportunities or the simple pleasure of relaxing by the seaside.

PORTO DE MÓS

 

The millenary land of Porto de Mós (Portus de Molis) has traces from several past civilisations; roman (Roman Road of Alqueidão da Serra), moorish and even from pre-historical times. Visit the Municipal Museum and find out all about it!
Also of remarkable national historic interest there is the Castle’s first Alcalde – D. Fuas Roupinho - whose heroic achievements are described in the “Os Lusíadas” of the Portuguese 16th century poet Camões.
The castle with square layout has palace characteristics and the four turrets were added during the period of D. Afonso - Count of Ourém. Also worthy seeing is the “Igreja de S. João” (St. John the Baptist Church) with a fine Romanic doorway and a rich gilded woodcarved high altar. Built in baroque style, the “Igreja de S. Pedro” (St. Peter Church) was formerly part, in the 18th century, of the Convent of the Barefooted Augustine Friars. The “Capela de Stº António” (Hermitage of St. Anthony) is a typical pilgrimage chapel lined with 17th century polychrome tiles.
Marking the site of the battle of Aljubarrota, 6 km away from Porto de Mós you will find the village of S. Jorge. There you can see the Chapel of S. Jorge of Aljubarrota and the famous battlefield with the medieval snares (Covas do Lobo). Nearby, the Military Museum restores scenes from that important battle fought on August 14th 1385, between the Portuguese and the Castilian armies.
Porto de Mós is enclosed by the Natural Park of Aire and Candeeiros Mountains known for a spectacular countyside and idyllic landscapes. Also famous are the Alvados, St. António and Mira de Aire Caves.
In the Natural Park do not miss the Mendiga hollows, the beautiful Arrimal Lakes, the stone windmills in Portela de Vale de Espinho and the oak woods. In the St. António Plateau we can find the loose stone field enclosures, the hollow of Chão das Pias; rocky hollows as the Canada Valley and Fórnea, with a beautiful view over the Alvados' Polje. In harsher winters, the Polje of Mira de Aire - between the St. Antónios and Aire Mountains - forms a temporary and broad lake. A Dinosaurs' track was recently discovered in "Galinha’s Stone Quarry", 10 km away from Fátima in the little village of Bairro, also within the Natural Park’s Protected Area.

 

  Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket 

 

 

 

[Pt] A Cache

 

Esta cache vai levá-lo a passear na orla costeira do Pinhal Litoral.  

O caminho para a cache parte da estrada Vieira de Leiria  ->  Praia do Pedrógão e é uma estrada em areia... pois claro!

A cache é uma vulgar caixa de plástico com os objectos habituais. Por favor deixe-a exactamente onde e como a encontrou.

Dentro da cache, além dos objectos habituais, vai encontrar uma folha especial com um número (Ligada ao LogBook). Por favor anote este número e o nome da cache. Juntando todos os códigos das 30 caches parciais, conseguirá obter as coordenadas da localização da cache final Lusitani, que está escondida algures em Portugal.

Para dúvidas ou esclarecimentos relativos ao projecto global das caches Lusitani, pode contactar os responsáveis pelo projecto: GeoDuplaP&F

 

[En] The Cache

 

 

 

The cache is an ordinary small box with the usual objects in it. Please leave it well hidden as was.

Inside the cache, besides the usual objects, you'll find a special sheet with a number (attached to the logBook). Please note this number and the cache name. Keeping together all 30 partial caches codes, you'll get the way to find the coordinates of the final Lusitani cache, which is hidden somewhere in Portugal.

If you have any doubt or need any clearing about the Lusitani cache project, you can contact the project developers: GeoDuplaP&F
 

Photobucket 

 

 

Additional Hints (No hints available.)



Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.