This cache replaces one of a series of caches originally set to coincide with the 300th anniversary of the first written record of Juniper Green in the Colinton Parish records (Nov 18th 1707). Juniper Green has its own web site www.junipergreencc.org.uk with lots of information and pictures, from which some of this information is taken.
Curriemuir Mill (also known as Curriemuirend Mill, Woodhall Grain Mill, and more recently Inglis' Grain Mill) was established in 1704 as a grain mill named Denham's Mill, and was still drying seed and grain until 2001. It has now been demolished to make way for housing. The Water of Leith walkway was diverted away from the line of the old railway when the houses were built, and now follows the edge of the river.
The Water of Leith Walkway is very well used, so please take care of muggles. The cache is a large micro, or small small one (big enough for geocoins!). Take your pick! The LRT bus No 44 and 45 run along Lanark Road close to the cache.