The puzzle icon is shown at one of Milton Keynes' educational establishments, in this case Sir Frank Markham School in Leadenhall.
However, the cache is not at this location. Please do not attempt to park or search there. It is private land.
As with all of this series, we are available for mentoring and support by email on request.
GCSEs were introduced into secondary schools in England in 1986 to replace the previous GCE "O" Levels and CSEs. They are available in a bewildering array of different subjects in a number of distinct categories. Algebra sits in the Mathematics category.
Passing this examination will reveal Bonus Code A for MK Schooldays: Graduation Day.
Algebra Examination: Time Limit 20 Minutes
- Solve the quadratic equation x2 - 11x + 30 = 0 (Two answers, A & B - A is the smaller one)
- 2m3 of soil containing 70% sand is mixed with 6m3 of soil containing 30% sand. What is the overall percentage of sand in the resulting mixture ? (Answer = CD)
- Solve the equation 1/2x2 = 1/x - 1/2 (Answer = E)
- Solve the equation 2x - 2x2 - 350 = 0 (Answer = F)
- 72 is what percentage of 150 ? (Answer = GH)
- If x + y = 14 and 3x - y = 2 then what is x ? (Answer = I)
The final cache can be found at N 52o DE.BHA W 000o GI.AAC
The cache is a 450ml clip lock box covered in camo duck tape. It contains a small log book and pencil/pen. Please, as ever, take care to replace the cache as you found it.
As you will most likely solve this at home before venturing out, the final cache is placed where the calculated coordinates appear to be on GoogleMaps. This may be a few feet from where your GPS thinks it is.
We hope you enjoy your studies and that you get the grades you need.