Where: Large picnic shelter in West Hawk Lake Campground by the Amphitheatre.
- Potluck/BBQ 5:00-7:00pm
- Hitch Hiker's triva GPS challenge 5:00pm-9:00pm.
- Bonfire 9:00pm-11pm at campsite A-11.
All times are rough and may vary slightly.
What you need to bring:
- Entrance to Manitoba Provincial parks are free for 2011 so no park pass is required!
- your own main dish to grill
- a side dish to share (Please list with your "Will Attend" what you will be bringing to share!)
- your own chair
- your own drinks (note campground is a dry campground so save your Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster for another time please!)
- Your caching stories!
What is being supplied:
- plates, cutlery (plastic, spoons, knifes and forks)
- prizes...yes there are prizes!!! These will be for the GPS Challenge.
- wood for the bonfire pit! I have reserved campsite A-11 in the West Hawk lake campground for the bonfire for both Friday and Saturday evenings. (See provided waypoint)
If any one is looking at camping at West Hawk Lake or Falcon Lake campgrounds, the Province of Manitoba started taking camping reservations on April 4, 2011. Please Click Here for more information on how to book your own campground spot. I'd book soon as these spots can go quickly!
A separate breakfast event has been posted for the following Sunday morning so plan to enjoy the whole weekend in the Southern Whitehsell if you can!
If you prefer to rent a cabin or hotel/motel room, contact me and I can recommend many in the area that are close to the action.