Church Micro 1921...Little Eversden
Parish church. C14 except for West tower and North porch which are c.1400 or early C15. Restored 1891-92. Fieldstone, clunch rubble, and dressings of limestone and clunch. Slate roofs. PLan of West tower, nave, chancel and North porch. West tower of three stage with main cornice. Three-stage diagonal buttressing. West window, restored of three cinquefoil lights. Loop window to each side of second stage. Bell-stage with two centred arches and vertical tracery to a two-light opening. The gable of the earlier nave roof is visible in the east wall. Nave. Two C14 windows, restored, in South wall and South doorway, now blocked. Chancel: Rendered walls. East window of three trefoil lights in two centred arch. The windows in the South wall are restored. North porch, c.1400, timber framed incorporating some modern framed incorporating some timber, on rebuilt base of fieldstone. Slate roof. Two bays. Two centered outer arch. Open sided with foiled heads to seven lights. Crown post roof with four way upward and downward bracing to short hollow moulded crown post. The collar purlin is also moulded and there are braces to the collars. Inner archway of clunch. Two centred arch with keeled roll moulding and label. Interior: C17 roof of Queen strut construction. Three bays. The wall posts have carved pendants, Rood loft stair opening on north side of chancel arch. The choir stalls are reset from the chapel of Queens College, Cambridge and are by Bodley.
This is a traditional cache and IS at the published coordinates.
The cache is a 30ml tube.