Skip to content

<

castelo de Portel

A cache by prosmaninho Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 06/04/2011
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size:   small (small)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

Castelo de Portel

ATENÇAO:
horario de visita:
segunda-feira a sexta-feira 9.30 as 13 e 15 as 18.30
sabado e domingo 9.30 as 18.30
Castelo de Portel

WARNING:
Visiting hours:
Monday to Friday, 9.30 to 1:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 9.30 to 18.30

O castelo medievalÀ época da Reconquista cristã da península Ibérica, os domínios de Portel Mafomede estavam compreendidos no primitivo termo de Évora, na doação feita por Afonso III de Portugal a João de Aboim, anteriormente a 1257. Este nobre, letrado, que chegou a desempenhar as funções de Mordomo-mor do reino, era tão somente um valido do soberano quando, após o conflito que opôs D. Afonso III a seu irmão, Sancho II de Portugal (1223-1248), foi agraciado com essa honra entre os termos de Évora e Beja, grosso modo coincidente com a serra de Portel. Em 1257, o monarca dirigiu cartas aos homens-bons de Évora para que aceitassem João de Aboim como seu vizinho. Tendo havido contestação acerca dos limites desta doação, somente após a demarcação de sua jurisdição, em 1261, o soberano autorizou a construção de um castelo onde melhor servisse aos interesses daquele nobre (1261). Desse modo, a 1 de Dezembro de 1262, João de Aboim, acompanhado por sua esposa e filho, passou Carta de Foral aos povoadores do castelo de Portel, em termos semelhantes aos de Évora.

Os trabalhos de construção então iniciados, terão prosseguido sob o reinado de D. Dinis (1279-1325), quando, após falecido o nobre, tendo surgido contenda entre os herdeiros pela posse da honra, o castelo reverteu para a posse da Coroa, por escambo entre o soberano e D. Marinha, viúva de João de Aboim, datado de 9 de Janeiro de 1289.[1] A este soberano é atribuída ainda, a ereção da cerca da vila.

No contexto da crise de 1383-1385, Fernão Gonçalves de Sousa, alcaide de Portel, tomou o partido de Castela, e com receio dos moradores, tomou-lhes as armas a todos e pô-las no castelo. Em Novembro de 1384, no desenvolvimento da campanha alentejana pelas forças do Condestável, D. Nuno Álvares Pereira, um clérigo de Portel, de nome João Mateus, abriu-lhes as portas da vila, facilitando a conquista da povoação e a rendição do castelo [2]. Os seus domínios, após a batalha de Aljubarrota estariam compreendidos na ampla doação de terras e direitos que o soberano fez aquele Condestável, passando, por sucessão, para os domínios da Casa de Bragança.

Posteriormente, sob o reinado de D. Manuel I, a povoação e seu castelo encontram-se figurados por Duarte de Armas (Livro das Fortalezas, c. 1509). Nessa época a estrutura do castelo foi remodelada dando lugar ao paço dos duques de Bragança e a uma barbacã (1510), ficando as obras a cargo do arquitecto-régio Francisco de Arruda, por instância de D. Jaime, duque de Bragança.

[editar] Do século XX aos nossos diasPerdida a sua função defensiva, afastado da linha lindeira e das principais vias de acesso ao território alentejano, o castelo foi progressivamente abandonado até se converter em ruínas no século XIX.

No início do século XX, o conjunto foi classificado como Monumento Nacional por Decreto, publicado em 23 de Junho de 1910. A intervenção do poder público fez-se sentir pontualmente, em 1938, por iniciativa da Direcção-Geral dos Edifícios e Monumentos Nacionais (DGEMN). Propriedade da Fundação Casa de Bragança, a degradação do conjunto continuou progredindo até à derrocada de um torreão cilíndrico do paço e, mais recentemente, em Fevereiro de 1998, de um troço de muralha adjacente à torre de menagem, elemento que já havia sido objeto de intervenção na década de 1980. A nova intervenção teve lugar em 1999, a cargo da DGEMN, através da sua Direcção Regional Sul, com base em técnicas tradicionais de construção. O conjunto aguarda, entretanto, um plano abrangente de investigação e de musealização.

[editar] CaracterísticasO castelo, em estilo gótico, apresenta planta heptagonal reforçada por torres de planta circular nos vértices. A sua forma, novidade na arquitectura militar portuguesa à época, parece ter sido inspirada no Castelo de Angers, na França. É dominado pos uma imponente torre de menagem, de planta quadrangular, que se ergue a cerca de vinte e cinco metros de altura, dividida internamente em dois pavimentos acima da linha do adarve, ambos cobertos por abóbada em cruzaria de ogiva. O pavimento inferior serviu de cárcere. Foi utilizada a pedra mármore nos cunhais e nas janelas góticas. A porta de acesso à torre é em ogiva.

Esta torre protege o portão de acesso, a Norte, em arco apontado. Pelo lado Sul, a Porta de Beja determina um eixo viário interno em linha reta, ligando as duas portas. O conjunto conta com mais três portas, entre as quais a Porta do Relógio e a Porta do Outeiro. Na praça de armas abre-se uma cisterna e pode-se identificar os vestígios da Capela de São Vicente e as ruínas do paço ducal.

A cerca medieval da vila, não sobreviveu até nós. A defesa do castelo era complementada por uma barbacã, de que se conservam ainda importantes troços a Sul, Norte e Oeste, compostos por cortina reforçada por cubelos de planta quadrangular. É a essa barbacã reedificada por D. Manuel I, que corresponde a porta gótica encimada por brasões reais sobrepostos.

The medieval castle era of Christian reconquest of the Iberian peninsula, the areas of Portel Mafomede were included in the original term of Evora, the donation made by Afonso III of Portugal John Aboim, prior to 1257. This noble scholar, who came to perform the duties of chief butler of the kingdom, was so only one valid when the sovereign, after the conflict that pitted King Alfonso III to his brother Sancho II of Portugal (1223-1248), was awarded this honor from the terms of Evora and Beja, roughly coincident with the mountains of Portel. In 1257, the king sent letters to men of good-Evora to accept that John Aboim as your neighbor. Having been contested on the boundaries of this grant only after the demarcation of their jurisdiction in 1261, the sovereign has authorized the construction of a castle where better served the interests of that noble (1261). Thus, December 1, 1262, John Aboim, accompanied by his wife and son, passed the Charter Act to inhabitants of the Castle of Portel, in terms similar to those of Evora.

The construction work started then, have continued under the reign of King Dinis (1279-1325) when, after the noble dead, emerging feud between the heirs for possession of the honor, the castle reverted to the possession of the Crown, by barter between the sovereign and D. Navy, widow of John Aboim, dated January 9, 1289. [1] In this conferred sovereign is also the erection of the fence of the village.

In the context of the crisis of 1383-1385, Fernão Gonçalves de Sousa, mayor of Portsmouth, took advantage of Castile, and afraid of the residents took their weapons at all and put them in the castle. In November 1384, in developing the campaign by the forces of Alentejo Constable, D. Nuno Alvares Pereira, a clergyman from Portsmouth, named John Matthew, opened their doors in the village, facilitating the achievement of settlement and the surrender of the castle [2]. Their areas after the battle of Aljubarrota would be included in the large donation of land and rights that the sovereign did that Constable, passing in succession, into the realms of the House of Braganza.

Later, under the reign of King Manuel I, the village and its castle are figured by Duarte de Armas (Book of Fortresses, c. 1509). At that time the structure of the castle was remodeled giving way to the Palace of the Dukes of Braganza and a barbican (1510), while the construction works by the royal architect Francisco de Arruda, for instance D. Jaime, Duke of Braganza.

[Edit] In the twentieth century to our diasPerdida its defensive function, and away from the line bordering the main access routes into the territory of Alentejo, the castle was gradually abandoned until it became dilapidated in the nineteenth century.

In the early twentieth century, the set was classified as National Monument by Decree, published on June 23, 1910. The intervention of public power was felt timely in 1938 at the initiative of Directorate General for National Buildings and Monuments (DGEMN). Property of the Foundation House of Braganza, the degradation of the whole continued to progress until the collapse of a cylindrical tower of the palace and, more recently, in February 1998 of a section of wall adjacent to the tower, that element has been the object of intervention in the 1980s. The new policy took place in 1999 at the expense of DGEMN through its Southern Regional Directorate, based on traditional building techniques. The set looks, however, a comprehensive plan of research and musealization.

[Edit] CaracterísticasO castle in Gothic style, presents plant heptagonal reinforced by circular towers on the corners. Its shape, novelty in military architecture at that time, seems to have been inspired by the Castle of Angers, France. It is dominated post an imposing tower, square-shaped, rising to about twenty-five feet high, divided into two floors above the parapet line, both covered by a vault in cross warhead. The lower floor served as a prison. We used a marble stone at the corners and the Gothic windows. The access door to the tower is in warhead.

The tower protects the gateway to the North, in pointed arch. On the south side, the Porta de Beja determines an axis internal road in a straight line connecting the two ports. The set has three ports, including Port and Port Clock Outeiro. On the parade ground opens up a tank and can identify the remains of the Chapel of St. Vincent and the ruins of the palace.

At about the medieval village, not in existence. The defense of the castle was complemented by a barbican, which still retain the important sections in the south, north and west, consisting of curtain enhanced by square-shaped turrets. It is this barbican rebuilt by D. Manuel I, which corresponds to Gothic portal surmounted by royal crests overlapped.

geocache pequena com pequenos bonecos.
nao destrua nada a caixa esta num local de facil acesso e facil de descobrir.

Additional Hints (No hints available.)