Harbor Palms Nature Park (off Curlew Road). Use map to find the easiest route to the entrance.
1. From the little parking lot, take the boardwalk to:
N 28 02.205
W 82 41.744
2. From the dock, look for the speed sign (note this is a trick question and use hint if you need to). Multiply the number on the sign times the number of pillars on the dock, then add that number to 637. Use that number to fill in the last three digits of the next position.
3. As you leave the dock, you will see a wooded path on the right. Follow the trail to:
N 28 02.229
W 82 41._____
4. Count the number of letters on one side of the pet run sign. Add this number to 648. Use that number to fill in the last three digits of the next position:
N 28 02.203
W 82 41.____
5. At this location, you will see a large palmetto tree on each side of the trail. Take 15 paces back up the trail towards the pet sign you just left. The cache is located just off the trail to your right as you are heading back towards the pet sign.
The cache is in a white plastic box. It originally contained the following:
- Pinball game
- $1,000,000 (play money)
- small flashlight
Two things to remember:
#1 Take nothing but photographs and leave nothing but footprints. As we have trekked through some really nice parks, it is very evident that some people leave trash and litter everywhere! Please don't litter-
#2 Please take a large stick with you as you trek through these wooded parks. You never can tell what kind of critter may be lurking under palm fronds or tree branches.
Happy Hunting and watch our upcoming other caches.