Warning! Please do not leave travelbug & coins in the cache! Don't safe, sorry! Kérlek ne hagyj utazót a dobozban - nem biztonságos!
The cache measures 18 x 12 x 5 cm, a plastic container with a blue lid. Towards the centre of the park there's a dense cluster of trees with a rarely used path. Be watchful at the cache site!
Approach: Devecser is a town next to road 8. The castle and the park is close to the railway station, the bus station is opposite the castle.
Park's entrance: N 47° 6,582' E 17° 26,388'
Castle: N 47° 6,376' E 17° 26,235'
The cache can be found in Devecser's park.
The castle operates as a library nowadays. Most of the castle is admission free.
The opening hours:
Mon - Tue: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wed - Fri: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sat: 8 a.m. - 12 a.m.
Before the present castle, in the 15th century, a fenced stone house stood at the site owned by the Csoron family. Csoron András reconstructed the building between 1532 - 1537, a multi-storey castle had been built and fenced with wall. A wide moat was built outside the wall and the Torna's water lead into the moat. Devecser is an old settlement, perhaps its name was given after its first holder, Devecser, who lived around 1045. The first written proof of Devecser dates back to 1230. When the Turkish occupied the nearby Veszprém in 1593, the garrison left Devecser. After Rákóczi Ferenc's war of independence there was no need to keep the castle, it was a stronghold of no weight already. Later on the castle was converted into a baroque building.