How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This is a cache in the derelict churchyard of a village in the "golden valley" of NE Hampshire.
The church was founded in about 1190. It was damaged in a fire in 1681 and rebuilt. At this time it is thought that it consisted of a long single cell with transepts, and a western weatherboarded bellcote with a pyramidal roof. In 1831 the church was enlarged, providing 48 additional sittings. By 1885 the fabric of the church had deteriorated so much that, except for the chancel, it was demolished. A new church with the same dedication was built nearer the centre of the village. The building is open daily. In the churchyard is a cluster of yew trees (as there so often is). A very nice and relaxing place!
The cache contains from the start: a small cuddly moose, some Swedish coins, a phillips screwdriver, and a standard logbook & pencil.
Ng gur jrfg raq bs gur byq puhepulneq. Zntargvp, oruvaq n cbfg
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum