Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
This cache has been locked, but it is available for viewing.
History is all around...
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The above coordinates are false. This is a do anywhere cache, as long as "anywhere" meets the criteria below.
The National Register of Historic Places helps protect and recognize different places around the country for their historical value. **Updated** Canadian Historic places are now also applicable for this cache.
To log this cache you must do the following:
Hopefully this cache will bring attention to some neat local historical places that we might not otherwise even realize are there. I'm looking forward to seeing what you find!
- Visit the website of the register at www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com or parkscanada.pch.gc.ca/progs/lhn-nhs/index_E.asp
- Pick a location near you that you would like to visit. Be careful as some unfortunately no longer exist or are very difficult to find. There are quite a few however that give preicise street addresses or a good enough description to find the site.
- After you've found the site, go visit it, get the coordinates, a picture or two of it, and if it is in use or vacant. Then log it and post your pictures! At least one of the photos must be of you and your GPS there. (No old vacation shots or photos off the internet!)
- The site you log cannot be logged on another cache site. For example if there's a virtual cache of Monticello you've logged or will log don't duplicate it here!
- A team can only log a site once. Multiple logs per team will not be accepted under any circumstances.
(No hints available.)
...other caches hidden or found by this user
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:57:41 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:57 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum