Have you ever wanted to go paddling but don't know where to start? Been afraid to tackle something like this on your own? Not sure of your abilities so you passed on a prior paddle event? If so, then listen up. This event is for you!
This is NOT a typical paddle event. While everyone is welcome to come (and help, too!) this event is designed for beginners who have never been on the water before or who have very limited experience on the water. At this event you will have an opportunity to:
- Come check out different types of kayaks.
- See different types of PFDs and try them on.
- Take a kayak or two for a short paddle to see what it's like.
Tump over during your test drive for the amusement of your caching friends.
- Take photos of trackables on the water and trade and discover other trackables.
- Learn about water access only caches in the area.
- Learn about the local flora and fauna, the kinds with and without teeth.
- Learn how to be gator aware.
- Hear actual fish stories from the bayou.
- Learn the things you need to bring for a successful paddle caching adventure.
- And, finally, maybe go paddling on a short excursion with a small group.
Several cacher kayak owners have graciously volunteered the use of their kayaks for this event. While there may not be enough kayaks for everyone to go on the short adventure paddle, everyone will have a chance to take one out for a test paddle to see what it's like and learn that you can do this!
Event begins at 9:00 a.m., although many of us will be there earlier!