The cache is NOT at the stated co-ordinates. The correct co-ordinates can be found in ONE of the first 6 caches placed in this series.
Birmingham Canal Navigations (BCN) comprises of a network of canals which connect Wolverhampton to Birmingham and the eastern part of the Black Country. The BCN is connected with the rest of the English canal system at several junctions.
In its heyday, the BCN contained about 160 miles of canals; due to the improved (sic) road systems today, just over 100 miles remain navigable, and the main source of traffic is from tourist and residential narrow boats.
The first canal that was constructed in the area was the Birmingham Canal, built from 1768 to 1772 under the supervision of James Brindley from the, as was then, edge of Birmingham, with termini at Newhall Wharf (since built over) and Paradise Wharf (also known as Old Wharf) near to the Gas Street Basin to meet the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal at Aldersley just north of Wolverhampton.
The BCN Main Line was originally known as just the Birmingham Canal.
A quiet day relaxing on the canal.