Skip to Content

<

Chiesetta die S. Giorgio

A cache by Team Alta Ripa Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 9/26/2013
Difficulty:
2 out of 5
Terrain:
1 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

La piccola chiesetta di San Giorgio è posizionata sul colle che sovrasta Tiarno di Sopra e Tiarno di Sotto, 
offrendo così una spettacolare veduta di entrambi i paesi.

Das Kirchlein San Giorgio befindet sich auf dem Hügel über Tiarno di Sopra und Tiarno di Sotto und bietet einen herrlichen Ausblick auf beide Dörfer.


IT:

La chiesetta era sorta come piccola cappella dedicata a San Giorgio probabilmente verso il 1400 ma, pur conservando ancora qualche elemento del suo primitivo impianto, fu fortemente ampliata e rielaborata nel corso dei secoli. Questi lavori sono testimoniati anche dall'iscrizione leggibile su una targa posta all'interno, sopra il portale: "Questa chiesa dai Tiarnesi eretta nelle dimensioni del suo vaso in onore dal loro S. Compatrono nell'anno 1400, fu per successive aggiunte del presbitero e terriccio al tetto per la campanetta nel 1714, e del coro e campanile nel 1840, ampliata e portata a giusta forma. Avariata dal tempo fu salvata da ruina, riparata, decorata nell'anno 1893". 
La chiesa subì ulteriori danni e spoliazioni durante la prima guerra mondiale, ma anche successivamente fu continuo luogo di furti. Venne inoltre colpita dal terremoto sia nel 1930 sia nel 1976; per questi motivi fu sottoposta a ricorrenti restauri e rifacimenti nel corso del XX secolo.
La facciata, di semplici forme, presenta nella parte inferiore, un portale e due finestre in granito e, nella parte superiore, una finestra semicircolare. Il piccolo campanile, con campana del 1930, è ornato da una cupola a cipolla, in rame. L'interno della piccola chiesa è ad aula unica, con volte a botte lunettate, ha una cupola sopra il presbitero ed un abside semicircolare. La cupola è decorata dall'Occhio divino e dai Simboli dei quattro Evangelisti sui pennacchi. 
Gli affreschi sulle pareti realizzati dal sacerdote Floriano Giuseppe Calcari, raffigurano laDeposizione di Cristo nel sepolcro a sinistra, e la Morte di Sant'Andrea Avellino a destra, datato 1894. ornano le pareti altri due dipinti, opera del trentino Renato Gozzer del 1991, raffiguranti Cristo in preghiera e Maria Madre. L'altare, in miniature, fu soggetto a diversi rimaneggiamenti e l'ultimo restauro integrativo risale al 1993. infine, degna di nota è lapala raffigurante San Giorgio e il drago, olio su masonite, realizzata dall'artista milaneseOnofrio Bramante nel 1979.

DE:

Die Kirche entstand wahrscheinlich um das Jahr 1400 als kleine, dem heiligen Georg gewidmete Kapelle und wurde im Lauf der Jahrhunderte stark vergrößert und umgebaut. Trotzdem besitzt sie noch einige intakte ursprüngliche Elemente. Die vorgenommenen Umbauarbeiten bezeugt auch die Inschrift, die auf einem Schild über dem Portal im Innenraum zu lesen ist: Die Übersetzung lautet: „Diese Kirche wurde von den Bewohnern Tiarnos in ihrer Größe zu Ehren ihres Schutzheiligen im Jahr 1400 errichtet. Sie wurde durch die spätere Angliederung des Presbyteriums und die Aufschüttung von Erde für das kleine Kirchenschiff im Jahr 1714 sowie des Chors und des im Jahr 1840 erweitert und in die richtige Form gebracht. Die Zeit überdauert, wurde sie im Jahr 1893 vor dem Verfall gerettet, restauriert und ausgeschmückt." Die Kirche wurde während des Ersten Weltkriegs beschädigt und geplündert und war auch später Ziel von Diebstählen. Außerdem war sie sowohl 1930 als auch 1976 von Erdbeben betroffen; aus diesem Gründen wurde im 20. Jahrhundert ständig restauriert und umgebaut.
Die einfache Fassade weist im unteren Teil ein Portal sowie zwei Granitfenster und im oberen Teil ein halbrundes Fenster auf. Der kleine Turm mit einer Glocke aus dem Jahr 1930 ist mit einer Zwiebelkuppel aus Kupfer verziert. Das Innere der kleinen Kirche besteht aus einem einzigen Raum mit einem mit Lunetten versehenen Tonnengewölbe. Über dem Presbyterium erhebt sich eine Kuppel, die Apsis ist halbkreisförmig. Die Kuppel wurde mit dem Gottesauge und den Symbolen der vier Evangelisten auf den Zwickeln verziert. Die Fresken an der Wand wurden vom Priester Floriano Giuseppe Calcari angefertigt und stellen in der Gruft links Christi Grablegung dar, rechts den Tod des heiligen Andreas von Avellino, datiert 1894. Weitere zwei Gemälde zieren die Wände. Diese stammen vom Trentiner Maler Renato Gozzer aus dem Jahr 1991 und zeigen den betenden Christus sowie die Muttergottes. Der Miniaturaltar wurde mehrmals umgebaut, die letzte Restaurierungsmaßnahme stammt aus dem Jahr 1993. Bemerkenswert ist schließlich das Altarbild - Öl auf Masonit - mit der Darstellung des heiligen Georgs und des Drachen, das vom Mailänder Künstler Onofrio Bramante im Jahr 1979 angefertigt wurde.

EN:

This little church consecrated to San Giorgio was probably built around 1400, and although it retains some of its original features, it has been extensively expanded and redecorated over the course of the centuries. The history of the work carried out is traced on a plaque inside the building set over the entrance door: ‘This church of the inhabitants of Tiarno was originally built in honour of their co-Patron Saint in the year 1400. Later it was expanded and perfected, with the addition of a presbytery and roof housing for the bell in 1714, and the choir and campanile in 1840. Over time it fell into disrepair but was restored and redecorated in the year 1893.' The church suffered further damage and destruction during the First World War, and thereafter fell prey to thieves. Earthquakes struck in both 1930 and 1976; and so throughout the 20th century it was subject to continuous renovation and resurfacing.
The lower half of the simple façade has a doorway and two windows in granite while a semicircular window is evident on its upper portion. The small campanile, with a bell dating from 1930, is topped by a copper onion dome. The interior of the little church consists of a single space, with a groin vault, a dome over the presbytery and a semicircular apse. The dome is decorated with the Eye of God and the symbols of the four Evangelists feature on the pendentives. The frescoes on the walls by the priest Floriano Giuseppe Calcari, showing the Jesus being laid in the sepulchre on the left and the death of Saint Andrew of Avellino to the right, date from 1894. Another two paintings by the Trento artist Renato Gozzer and executed in 1991 also decorate the walls, showing Christ in prayer and Mary, Mother of God. The small altar has been subject to a number of reworkings and the last full restoration was in 1993. Also worthy of note is the altarpiece showing Saint George and the dragon, in oil on masonite, by the Milan artist Onofrio Bramante in 1979.

 

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Nv cvrqv qryyn puvrfn ary Zheb
Nz Shffr qre Xvepur va qre Znhre
Ng gur sbbg bs gur puhepu va gur jnyy

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

141 Logged Visits

Found it 130     Didn't find it 3     Write note 6     Publish Listing 1     Owner Maintenance 1     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 20 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated:
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.