The center of White Plains was originally along the commons of Village Street, now known as Tibbits Park. The courthouse shown above was at the end of Village Street, where the Armory now sits. This is the site where the colony of New York became a State, with the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence in New York. The original courthouse was burned down a few days after the Battle of White Plains, resulting in a court-martial of the drunken Continental Major who was responsible.
The cache itself is not here, rather it is hidden a few blocks away in a spot overlooking what is now the political center of the city. Using clues collected from the WWP series, you can find the final location. You don't actually need to log any of the other WWP caches (though you are certainly encouraged to!) in order to complete this final, as all of the clues have been selected to allow for drive-by answering.
1) First, you should have the following information collected from this series:
2) Next, you should calculate the following intermediate coordinates (Click to verify intermediate coordinates):
- North Coordinates: Starting with the puzzle coordinates, add "NQP"
- West Coordinates: Calculate the last four digits as "EFGH" - "DB" + A + C
3) When you arrive at the calculated coordinates, you will find a number (checksum=17). Subtract (100*K/L + 10*I + J - M) from that number, and proceed to the final location.
The first hometown hero to find this cache will earn a White Plains Historical Society patch as an FTF prize. Congrats to FindingNaMo for claiming this prize, and half the FTF's for the full series! And an honorable mention to BriGuy (sorry taxman) for being the first to complete each in the series followed by the bonus.
Good luck to all!