You can find information on disc golf courses at one of the following websites:
1. Professional Disc Golf Association Online Disc Golf Course Directory
2. Disc Golf Directory
Please note: The information in these directories may or may not be complete or up-to-date.
The rules for claiming a find for this virtual cache are as follows:
There are plenty of disc golf courses out there (1278 in the United States plus an additional 254 international courses), so grab a disc and give it a try!! Can geocachers catch them all??
- Take the coordinates of the disc golf course you have chosen at the tee pad for hole #1.
- Take a photo of you or your group with your GPS disc golfing at the park.
- Report the name of the disc golf park, the city and state (or country) in which it is located, and the coordinates of tee pad #1 to this page, and then upload the photo(s). Feel free to leave a description of the park or your disc golfing experience!
- Each disc golf course can only be logged once, and each person can only log one course. You can check to see if the courses near you have been logged by clicking here: Logged Disc Golf Courses. The keeper of this cache reserves the right to delete entries not meeting these requirements.
- If your photos are not ready to upload at the time of your posting, you have two choices. You may post a NOTE, then change it to a FIND once your photos are ready to be uploaded. Or, you may delay posting your find until your photos are ready and then just post a FIND. This new rule is due to previous cachers not posting photos. No photos = no find, and your log will be deleted.
The first course claimed is at Tradewinds Park located in Coconut Creek, Florida, at the above coordinates. There is no actual cache at these coordinates!
Update as of 9/23/2005: All locationless caches are being moved to Waymarking.com, and the locationless caches on the geocaching.com site are being archived. Any further entries into the disc golf category should be made at the Disc Golf Course Waymark. Thank you to the hundreds of geocachers who participated in this locationless cache; it's been an absolute blast over the past 3 1/2 years and I've enjoyed seeing pieces of the entire world. Sincerely, antimony13
Update as of 6/23/2005: Disc Golf courses in 49 states have been found! Geocachers, help log a course in the last remaining unlogged state!! The state which has no logs is:
Rhode Island (2 courses available)
Update as of 5/18/2004: The GPS data complied within this virtual cache will be added to the PDGA website in the near future, allowing disc golfers precise information as to the location of their favorite courses!! Thanks to all geocachers who have participated in this cache so that this data will now be available to everyone!!