The Mine Workings next to Wheal Jewell Reservoir are the remains of Wheal Jewell and extend down across Horndon Down and Kingsett Down towards Wheal Betsy. This mine is an old one and was principally a Tin Mine. It was in full production in 1796 and at that time was 50 Fathoms deep. At this time the mine employed 40 men underground with more on the surface. The lode consisted of Vitreous Tin in small particles mixed with a blackish brown caple. The mine was first abandoned in 1797 but has been worked on various subsequent occasions. The mine worked three lodes, - the most important being named Middle lode. The deepest shaft on this mine was 820 yds WSW of Willsworthy Bridge and was 87 fathoms deep. The mine was last worked between 1916 – 1924. During the last working, all ore was carried to Wheal Friendship at Mary Tavy and processed.