- Origin of name: From the Iroquois Indian word for “good river”
- Capital: Columbus
- Largest city: Columbus
- Population: 11,570,808 (2013 est). Ranked 7th in the US
- Nicknames: The Buckeye state; The mother of Presidents; Birth place of Aviation; The heart of it all.
- Highest point: Campbell hill, 1,550 ft
- Admission to union: March 1st, 1803 (17th)
- State motto: With God all things are possible
- State song: Beautiful Ohio
- State tree: Buckeye
- State flower: Scarlet Carnation
- State bird: Cardinal
- Area: 44,825 sq mi. Ranked 34th in the US.
Did you know……...
1) Cleveland is home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
2) The Wright Brothers are acknowledged as inventors of the first airplane they were from Dayton.
3) Cleveland became the world's first city to be lighted electrically in 1879.
4) Thomas A. Edison from Milan developed the incandescent light bulb, phonograph, and early motion picture camera.
5) The Pro Football Hall of Fame is located in Canton.
The Little Bridges series was started by Stanthews in 2009 to highlight small footbridges in remote parts of Wiltshire. Since then the series has been expanded by others all over the country and starting to spread fast, Damian from Winter Foxes has created and updates a list of cachers who has found 10 or more little bridges and can be found here, if you would like to add to the series, please contact Stan hereand he will give you a number for your bridge, to qualify, the bridge must be a foot bridge too small for vehicles, please make sure your title exactly matches “Little Bridges # xx then name” including spaces so it will get picked up and added to Damian’s list.