Casino’s Irving Bridge was named after the owner of Tomki Station, Clarke Irving. There have been three bridges at this location since it first opened in 1876. The original bridge was a single-laned wooden structure that soon proved inadequate for the growing town. The second dual-laned bridge was opened in 1909, however a section of this bridge was washed away in the 1954 floods. An army bailey bridge was installed until the replacement could be constructed. In July 1959, the current pre-stressed concrete bridge was opened and is still in use today.
From either the Eastern or Western side of the bridge, you may be able to spot platypus in their natural environment. Early morning or late evening is when they are mostly about. There is also a large platypus carved in the river rocks, continue walking under the Bridge.
To access this location enter via the WP and follow the road down under the bridge to a viewing platform. The turning circle at the river's edge is not large enough for vans, trucks and RV’s. Then use the various trails to reach GZ.
Please use caution if attempting this cache after recent rain.