Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
We’ve all been there - exam day! For the next few hours you will have to battle a standardized test and the devious minds that created it. Maybe you are a high school junior taking the SATs. Maybe it’s some other test. You try to remain calm. I mean there’s not that much on the line, is there? Only your entire future! No, no, have to clear out those negative thoughts. You can do this.
Time to dive into the questions. The test starts off okay. It reels you in with some simple arithmetic. You can do that. Next some spelling. Heck, that’s why we have spell checkers. Don’t worry about that one. And then you turn the page and you see it. . .
Now you know you are doomed!
The instructions fool you with an easy example.
DOG is to PUPPY as CAT is to ???
Easy peasy. It’s KITTEN right? Except none of the actual questions are that easy. Who knows what kind of convoluted logic relates the various words in the analogies. You are lost.
So, as a public service, I am giving you a chance to relive that experience one more time. (Well actually, these analogies will probably make you want to go back to the ones on the standardized tests. ) Find the English words that complete the analogies below, and then use the code to get the cache coordinates.
- A. WOLF is to CURL as LION is to ???
- B. JOLLY is to CHEER as APTLY is to ???
- C. PECAN is to TIGER as OAT is to ???
- D. IRK is to VEX as ENVY is to ???
- E. GOD is to OWL as OWL is to ???
- F. FROG is to COLD as IRON is to ???
- G. RUM is to TWO as RYE is to ???
- H. JERK is to FANG as HERO is to ???
- I. OPEN is to STIR as DAWN is to ???
- J. BOMB is to HUSH as FUSION is to ???
- K. INGOT is to CHAIN as SATIN is to ???
- L. NEST is to HYMN as HAY is to ???
- M. HAY is to PIG as SOD is to ???
- N. PET is to APE as APE is to ???
- O. SLEEP is to BUNNY as CRIB is to ???
- P. STOP is to HIDE as DEFY is to ???
- Q. DAMP is to ROAD as SURF is to ???
- R. MUD is to AIR as SKY is to ???
This is a puzzle cache. It is not hidden at the posted coordinates. Solve it to get the real coordinates.
And as always, please refrain from putting spoilers in your logs.
The First To Find this cache was ohiowriter and iphone.cachers. Congratulations on passing your exam!
You might also be interested in the companion puzzles, Homework Nightmare and Piano Practice Nightmare . The solutions are completely different, but the spirit is the same.
Chmmyr: Gur “QBT vf gb CHCCL” rknzcyr jbhyq abg jbex va zl zrgubq