Skip to Content

<

GeoHel - Latarnia Morska w Helu

A cache by GeoHel-MMD Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 08/24/2015
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

Latarnia Morska Hel – latarnia morska na polskim wybrzeżu Bałtyku, położona w mieście Hel (powiat pucki, województwo pomorskie), na końcu Mierzei Helskiej. Administrowana przez Urząd Morski w Gdyni.

This lighthouse is located in the town of Hel, Pomeranian Voivodeship in Poland. It is at the eastern tip of the Hel peninsula and guides ship traffic into Gdańsk Bay and the Bay of Puck.


Latarnia Morska Hel – latarnia morska na polskim wybrzeżu Bałtyku, położona w mieście Hel (powiat pucki, województwo pomorskie), na końcu Mierzei Helskiej. Administrowana przez Urząd Morski w Gdyni.

 

Dane techniczne

Położenie: 54°36'06" N 18°48'56" E

Wysokość wieży: 41,50 m (do górnej krawędzi radaru)

Wysokość światła: 40,80 m n.p.m.

Zasięg nominalny światła: 17 Mm (31,5 km)

Sektor widzialności światła: 151°-102°

Charakterystyka światła: izofazowe

Światło: 5,0 s

Przerwa: 5,0 s

Okres: 10,0 s

Moc źródła światła: 1000 W

Dwupozycyjny zmieniacz

Cylindryczna soczewka Fresnela

Wieża ma kształt ośmioboczny i wykonana jest z czerwonej cegły.

 

Historia latarni morskiej na Helu

Pierwszą latarnię morską na Helu wybudowano już w roku 1826, a jej otwarcie miało miejsce 1 sierpnia 1827 roku. Wieża latarni miała przekrój okrągły, o wysokości 42 metrów. Była ona zasilana olejem rzepakowym. W przypadku niepogody w Helu oddawano co cztery minuty strzały z armaty. W 1910 roku podczas takiego wystrzału nastąpiła eksplozja prochu, w wyniku której zginął latarnik May. Wcześniej, około roku 1905 zbudowano na wieży maszt do dawania sygnałów flagowych.

 

W 1926 zainstalowano tam lampę naftową (palnik Arganda) z czterema soczewkami. W roku 1929 latarnię otynkowano i pomalowano w biało-czerwone pasy. W 1938 zainstalowano na latarni żarówkę elektryczną o mocy 3000 W. W czasie obrony Helu, latarnia została wysadzona w powietrze 19 września 1939 roku przez polskich saperów, dla utrudnienia celowania niemieckiej artylerii. W roku 1942, w czasie okupacji niemieckiej latarnię odbudowano. W roku 2001 latarnia przeszła remont.

 

Latarnię z 1942 roku wybudowano około 10 metrów na południowy wschód od fundamentu pierwszej latarni z lat 1826–1939. Do czasu remontu z 2001 roku, miejsce po fundamencie starej latarni było oznaczone kwietnikiem w betonowym murku[4], o zarysie fundamentu starej latarni, na trawniku przed nową latarnią. W ramach remontu w 2001 roku usunięto kwietnik, prowadząc przez niego nowy chodnik z kostki betonowej. Oznaczenia śladu po fundamencie latarni z 1826 roku wysadzonej w 1939 roku nie zachowano.

 

1 lipca 1928 latarnię odwiedził marszałek Józef Piłsudski, co upamiętnia tablica wmurowana w ścianę latarni 1 lipca 1999 roku przez stowarzyszenie "Przyjaciele Helu".

 

Źródło Wikipedia


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

 

This lighthouse is located in the town of Hel, Pomeranian Voivodeship in Poland. It is at the eastern tip of the Hel peninsula and guides ship traffic into Gdańsk Bay and the Bay of Puck.

 

History

The lighthouse on Hel has its origins in the 16th century when a fire was lit on the church tower at a height of 116 feet to guide ships. The structure burned down. In 1638 locals asked Gdańsk authorities to build a lighthouse on the peninsula. After deliberation, a wooden structure was erected circa 1640, with a range of about 6 miles. In 1667 it burned down, too.

 

Two further attempts at construction failed as well. However, seafaring in this area of the Baltic remained hazardous, so around 1790 another effort was made. A site was allocated, including a lighthouse-keeper's residence. The light was to be lit every day.

 

Though effectiveness improved, the lighthouse soon faced the problem of being obscured by growing trees. The construction of the first brick lighthouse started in 1806. Due to civil wars the effort dragged on until 1826.

 

The brick lighthouse wasn't high enough and ships continued to sink between Jastarnia and Hel. A cannon was placed at the lighthouse, fired every four minutes, as a sound signal. This continued until the gunner died in 1910. A stone commemorates the event to this day.

 

More improvements followed. The light source switched to a paraffin lamp and the structure was renovated. Electric light was installed in 1938 in the form of a 3000 watt bulb. During World War II Germans decided to take down the structure, since it presented a perfect target for air raids.

 

In 1942 Germans ordered locals to erect a new lighthouse. It stood 10 meters to the southeast from the old one (now detonated). The new structure was modern, powered by electricity, and it's been in operation to this day.

 

The 40.8 meter tower is painted red and octagonal in shape. The light source is a 1000 watt bulb, set 38.5 meters above sea level, with a range of 17 miles. The lighthouse is also a part of an air traffic control system.

 

The lighthouse is a tourist attraction and open to the public during summer. Apart from the lighthouse itself, a few keeper houses remain, dating back to 19th century. Facing west, inland, one can see the Swedish Hill with an old lighthouse built during World War II to replace the one destroyed in Hel at the same time.

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

M glyh, zvrqml pmgrerzn qemrjnzv | Va gur onpx, orgjrra gur sbhe gerrf.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

1,358 Logged Visits

Found it 1,300     Didn't find it 42     Write note 4     Publish Listing 1     Needs Maintenance 6     Owner Maintenance 5     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 179 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated:
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.