The 307th in a series of caches where a red telephone box
is in close proximity to a post box
Woolland is a small village on the slopes of Bulbarrow Hill overlooking extensive meadowland, 7 miles west of Blandford and barely 1 mile south-west of Ibberton.
The earliest mention of Woolland is in an 833 copy of an earlier Anglo-Saxon charter where it is referred to as ‘Wennland’. In the 1086 Domesday Book, it appeared as the manor of ‘Winlande’ - closer to the Old English words ‘wynn’ and ‘land’ for ‘pasture or meadow land’ from which the name is derived.
The telephone box and postbox stand side by side in the main street through the village.