How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
SALTO DO PATAGARRO / RIBEIRA DE SANTA LUZIA
- The Patagarro is one of the 8 species of seabird that nests in the Madeira archipelago. Know more by searching for the Project Puffinus.
- The cache is located in Ribeira de Santa Luzia.
- There is no trail. You have to improvise, having to cross the river several times.
- To get there, there are other alternatives but this is probably the easiest.
- It is possible to combine with other caches in the area: GC4FVVW, GC17K6C, GC17K5H and GC3T7QN.
- The location has weak GPS signal and you should therefore use the spoilers and hints provided.
- The difficulty of this cache depends on the flow of the stream. During the summer months access may be simpler but the waterfall may be dry. Analyze the conditions and don't take risks.
- The course must be done only with good weather conditions.
- You should bring water, food, clothing and appropriate footwear (extra clothing in case you get wet).
- The use of walking poles is recommended.
- Parking - Cache - Parking: 9 km, 4h
70z sebz gur jngresnyy, ba gur evtug (snpvat gur jngresnyy)