The Bloor/Gladstone is about a two-minute walk from the Dufferin subway station and is located at 1101 Bloor Street West.
When the branch opened in 1913, it was the first Toronto Public Library building wholly financed by the City of Toronto. It is listed in the City's Inventory of Heritage Properties.
The building was expanded in the 2009 and visitors will note the contrast between the older and newer parts of the building. The new part of the building also hosts Toronto Public Library's first green roof.
The library has two levels and features a water-themed “KidsStop” (“KidsStops” are literacy-rich, tactile learning areas for children aged five and under and are designed for infants and their caregivers to learn and play together)
There is a reading garden outside the children's department that is available during branch hours.