BATTLE CREEK REGIONAL PARK
Our 13th consecutive year!!
Come one, come all. We are inviting cachers from across the Midwest to join us in celebrating the thirteenth annual Halloween Hoopla. We are trying to get as many cachers as possible to attend this year to make this one HUGE event. There will be activities planned all day long. Check back often to see what we have been cooking up in the witches’ cauldron. There is not camping available close by, but there are plenty of hotels in the area of Battle Creek Regional Park. Make your reservations soon. Please log a will attend (stating the number of people in your group) if you think that you will be coming so we can accurately plan the logistics.
The Halloween Hoopla (10/27/2002)
Halloween Hoopla -- KB Style (10/29/2005)
Halloween Hoopla -- Land of the Lost (10/28/2006)
Halloween Hoopla -- A Social Event (10/27/2007)
Halloween Hoopla -- We Bad, We Nationwide (10/25/2008)
Halloween Hoopla -- All Hallows' Eve (10/31/2009)
Halloween Hoopla -- The Tradition Continues ... (10/30/2010)
Halloween Hoopla -- A Social Event (10/29/2011)
Halloween Hoopla -- Bare Bones (10/27/2012)
Halloween Hoopla -- Satisfaction Guaranteed (10/26/2013)
Halloween Hoopla X-- 1 HUGE Event (10/25/2014)
Halloween Hoopla XI-- GC5MEOW (10/31/2015)
Halloween Hoopla XII-- GC3YMCA (10/29/2016)
Halloween Hoopla XIII-- GC6KBHH (10/28/2017)
Another fantastic get together! It's been so much fun putting faces to the screen names at the previous events, we just couldn't wait to do it AGAIN. Plan on coming to meet some NEW friends too! Anyone who has ever geocached in Minnesota, or wishes to learn how, is welcome to come! This will be a very relaxed, casual gathering.
Costumes are encouraged but not required!
Where: Battle Creek Regional Park
When: October 28th, 2017
Who: Geocachers, families, and friends are welcome to join us for a day of geocaching fun!
What does Battle Creek Regional Park have to offer?
General Event Info:
- 08:30 am: Early arrival and setup
- 09:00 am: Coffee!
- 09:30 am: Game
- 10:30 am: Trackables to discover ...
- 11:30 am: Potluck lunch
- 12:00 pm: Bingo Game and another round of the game
- 01:00 pm: Socializing and Geocaching
- 02:15 pm: Photo !!!!
- 02:25 pm:Prizes
- 02:30 pm: Geocaching and Socializing
- 05:00 pm: End of Event ... See you next year!
- We welcome everyone to join us for as long as you like.
- Your home state/country does not matter. We welcome all cachers.
- Bring your own drinks.
- Come prepared for "changing" weather.
- Admission is FREE!
- Bring a dish to share: including a main dish or salad, along with utensils to serve the item.
- Remember to retrieve your pots/pans etc before you leave.
- While we all enjoy desserts, chips, cookies, bars and candy, they do not make up a hearty caching lunch. Please bring a main dish or main salad for the potluck along with your favorite sweet item.
- The Cooler Crew Cachers will be providing charcoal for this event. We will have two grills fired up and ready to go by 1130. If you want to bring your own meat to grill, feel free.
- Door prizes are always appreciated.
Check it out: