Skip to content

<

PLM de chatel - bifurcation

A cache by geacke63 Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 07/02/2017
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size:   micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

Venez redécouvrir la ligne de chemin de fer qui a permis pendant 65 ans de venir de Riom, à la ville thermal de Chatelguyon. Cette cache vous montrera une maison de garde barrière.

Come to see the old line of train, wich allowed since 65 years to come from Riom, to Chatelguyon, the spa. This cache we show you the Mozac's station, at the middle of the line.


La ville thermal de Chatel-Gyon à été desservi par une voie ferré de 1907 à 1972.

La Compagnie des chemins de fer de Paris à Lyon et à la Méditerranée, la PLM, alors propriétaire de la concession, signe une convention le 21 juin 1907 avec le ministre des Travaux publics. La ligne est déclaré d'utilité publique le 27 juillet 1907.

La ligne est ouverte le 10 juillet 1912. Longue de 7 km, elle permettait au curiste et visiteur arrivant en gare de Riom, de rejoindre la gare de Chatelguyon.

Ensuite, les curistes empruntaient un omnibus pour rejoindre les lieux de la cure

Il s'agit d'une voie unique avec un écartement normal de 1.435 m, avec des rampes maximales de 18‰ .

En 1914, une tentative de prolongation de la ligne vers Combronde est proposé mais ne verra jamais le jours.

Et comme beaucoup de ligne de ce genre, la concurrence de la voiture, ainsi que la diminution de l'activité thermal de la ville, ne permis pas la rentabilité de la ligne, qui ferma en 1972 pour le voyageurs, puis fut déclassé le 23 juillet 1973.

La partie de la ligne en direction de l'usine d'embouteillage des Eaux de Volvic est conservé, mais la voie bifurquant à hauteur de Mozac fut enlevé dans la foulée, certains tronçons fut même rebouchés.

en :

the spa of Chatelguyon was served by a railroad track since 1907 to 1972.

the railroad compagny from Paris to Lyon and to the Mediterranean Sea, "la Compagnie des chemins de fer de Paris à Lyon et à la Méditerranée", (PLM), the owner, signe a convention the jun, 21 1907 withe the civil engineering minister. the line was declared useful to the public, on jun, 27 1907.

the line was open the jun 10 1912. 7 km long, the line allowed to the curists and visitors from the station of Riom, to rejoin the station of Chatelguyon.

Then, spa guests borrowed a bus to rejoin the cure site.

it was a single track with an normal interval of 1.435 m, with maximum slope of 18‰.

in 1914, an attempt to extend the line to Combronde was proposed, but it will never be constructed.

And like many railroad tracks, the concurence of car, and the diminution of the spa activity, the line was closed in 1972 for the passenger, and the line was declassed the Jilly, 23 of 1973.

the part of the line of the bottling factory of "eaux de Volvic" was concerved, but the line which tuned in Mozac, was disassembled, and some section was obstructed.

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Zntaégvdhr. Vahgvyr qr géyécubare à yn FAPS.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)