In 1903 the plot of land here, was set aside by developers J. O. Schulze and Otis Brown for the Baptist Church. By 1904 the Irving Baptist Church was organized. Early worship services were held in a local schoolhouse. A permanent structure was completed in 1911.The name was changed to First Baptist Church in Irving in 1940. A new sanctuary was completed in 1951 and by 1964 the church’s facilities had expanded to include an entire city block. Since its humble beginnings in 1904, the church’s services to the community have grown to include a variety of worship, educational, missionary, and outreach programs.
Please do not destroy any bushes looking for this cache. It is a small container, able to hold swag and small trackables, that should be reachable from the bench.
This cache is part of Celebrating Irving: The City and The Man, April 2017