About Barnes Station
Barnes railway station is in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, in south London, and is in Travelcard Zone 3. The station and all trains serving it are operated by South West Trains.
Its main destinations are London Waterloo, Hounslow and Weybridge.
The station was built in 1846 by Sir William Tite for the London and South Western Railway. Grade II listed, It is the only survivor of four brick-built Tudor Gothic-style stations on the Richmond branch, the others being Putney, Mortlake and Richmond.
The station, seven miles (11km) from Waterloo, was opened on 27 July 1846, when the line to Richmond was built. When the first section of the Hounslow Loop Line was opened on 22 August 1849, Barnes became a junction station. On the London side of the station there are four tracks; one pair turns off along the Loop Line here.