Riddlers Roonka Rampage
17th Annual Geocaching weekend 2018
June 9th – 11th
Event will be Held at Roonka water activity centre located just north of Blanchetown. Day visitors are welcome and be aware there is a day fee of $3 to attend Roonka. Report to Warden and they will direct you to K2 where the committee will be to log attendance to the event.
Event will be held from
10am Sat 9th June till 10am Mon 11th June.
Registration to attend event and book accomodation press on the link below
The registration page contains a lot of information on the history of the event as well as other useful information. Feel free to have a look for campers as well as day visitors.
All Geocachers are invited to the June long weekend caching event at Roonka
Location – Roonka water activity centre, located approx. 7km North of Blanchtown on the banks of the Murray River. Turn at the service station ontoMurraylands rd and follow the signs. 147km North of Adelaide CBD.
- Setup camp for those who arrive early. Please report to warden or camping locator to be directed where to setup your camp or dorm location.
- Organize your own meals.
Saturday morning 9:15am
- June long weekend helpers meeting for registration helpers
Saturday morning 10am-12am
- sign in - Pay $15 per Adult , $10 per child (kids under 10 free). Please note *** All Participants including day visitors will pay $2 to cover the insurance cost of the event ***.
Each team will be given caches to temporarily place in the playing field, your team may hide a maximum of two temporary caches (points per hide given). In the afternoon you will also hand in either a memory stick or GPS (one per team only), Email option will also be available. See Cache Placement below for more details.
Games will be in your event pack so read carefully the instructions to participate.
Kids don’t forget your kids pack as you have your own games to play on the weekend.
Saturday Early Evening 3:30pm – 4:30pm at latest
- Return to Roonka with your cache placement co-ordinates.
- Quarantine GPSr’s or Memory cards. (See Reminders below for more details on this)
- Games for kids and adults can mingle and brag about their caching exploits.
Saturday Evening 6pm
- Dinner to be organised at the Roonka venue.
Sunday Early morning 7:30 am
- Bacon and egg sandwich and coffee/tea at Roonka. Ensure you bring your voucher.
- Group photo at Billabong and Shoe decontamination station will be operating
Waypoint 1 Game Day Start (Brookfield Conservation Park). Please note a map will be handed at registration of locations for start and finish.
- This waypoint will be the beginning of the Game Day Activity.
No pets are allowed in Brookfield Conservation Park, Please make arrangements prior to entry to the Park. .
- you will receive your Gps or Gpx files. You will be given 15 minutes to ensure your unit or file is all okay. We recommend you bring your electronic equipment to test the file etc. this time is allocated to ensure no one is disadvantage by errors or mistakes. Please be patient during this time.
- Event Briefing and Booklet table uncovering
- Cache hunting to start
Return to waypoint 2 - Game End to hand in temp caches and booklet. Please note a map will be handed at registration of locations for start and finish.
- All caching to be finished.
- Collection of temporary caches
- Return safely to Roonka
- last check in time, once closed all non returning teams Disqualified.
-There will be severe point deduction for not being back on time. 1 point per minute
- Logbooks and caches returned.
- There are points for CITO Cachers who bring back bags of rubbish. The CITO Bags will be Just at the end game point, so make sure you get your stamp before you enter.
- There will be points for picking up your temporary cache after the completion of caching. So don’t forget to get it on your way back.
(please be aware it can take up to 5 minutes just to get to the admin table at Brookfield conservation park entry point so please allow time to line up)
Sunday 5:30 pm –
- Self Cater tea
- best cache voting area will be open to place your cache and present it to the community.
Sunday 6:00 pm
- Voting will open for best cache award and close at 7:00pm
Sunday 6:45pm room setup and helpers and Judges meeting
- Setup and judging of prizes
Doors open 7:00pmish – no tables to be saved or reserved prior to this time
Please note **There is time to go and get a meal and get changed prior to this time 5:30pm – 7:00pm to do all you need to get done**.
Sunday evening 7:20 pm
- Geocacher's Presentation night
Geocachers will be paraded out front for voting - Hat theme is super hero or Villain (prize for best theme hat) and super hero or villain Theme (prize for best costume).
Each team should bring a wrapped prize to the value of $10-$15 for the awards ceremony. If you are playing as a combined team and want each team member to receive a prize then bring prizes equal to what you would take.
We are trying to keep it family friendly and are asking NO WINE as prizes this year please
Please leave your gift when you register on the Saturday.
- recovery, clean up and drive home.