The cache is a camouflaged micro hidden on the opposite side of the road to the original Barnham station.
The Bury St Edmunds and Thetford (B&TR) line between Bury and Thetford Bridge stations was opened on 1 March 1876. Barnham station was the third stop from Bury after Ingham and Seven Hills Halt. The B&TR was then purchased in 1878 by the Great Eastern Railway and after this, trains from Bury began to run to Thetford Station.
Barnham station was closed to passenger traffic on 8 June 1953. It is not to be confused with Barnham Station in West Sussex which is still in operation
This sepia photo was taken in the early 1900's and shows the flint built station building at Barnham Station:
An old OS map showing Barnham station and a comparative aerial view showing the site today, which is used for light industry:
For more information on SideTracked Caches please visit www.SideTrackedSeries.co.uk