This cache is one of the SideTracked series of caches, which are linked to train stations around the country. More information about the series can be found at the SideTracked website.
See Waypoints for Parking Coordinates.
The cache container is not at the published co-ordinates but is a short walk away. The road can be very busy at times and so care should be taken with small geocachers and geodogs.
You are looking for a small cliplock box in a camouflage bag. As a Letterbox hybrid the cache contains an ink stamp: This is not a swap – please do not remove it from the cache.
Mizens Railway is a passenger-carrying miniature railway in a wooded site of over 8 acres near Woking in Surrey. The trains run on a 7¼” gauge track with a choice of runs, the standard Suburban route, ‘The Miler’ which is almost one mile in length and “The Highland Line” which is used when weather conditions permit. A variety of locomotives are in use, including several steam engines.
Mizens Railway takes its name from its original location at Mizens Farm, Woking. The railway moved to the site in Barrs Lane, Knaphill in 2000 and opened to the public in 2002. The railway has been continually developed and enhanced since then by a team of volunteers.
How to find the cache:
1. On the black post box to the right of the gates, how many full stops are there?
- If there is 1 then A = 3
- If there are 4 then A = 2
- If there are 5 then A = 1
2. Looking at the entrance gates, count how many small white wire squares there are from the top to the bottom of gates?
- If there are 13 then B = 1
- If there are 14 then B = 8
- If there are 15 then B = 4
3. How many large triangular sections are there on the two gates?
- If there are 8 then C = 2
- If there are 12 then C = 4
- If there are 16 then C = 0
4. Have a look at one of the large, oblong Mizen’s Railway signs. Count the letters on the bottom line of one of the signs.
- If there are 21 letters then D = 0
- If there are 26 letters then D = 2
- If there are 31 letters then D = 1
5. Looking at the same sign, count the red letters.
- If there are 19 then E = 1
- If there are 20 then E = 9
- If there are 21 then E = 6
6. How many train warning triangles can you see on the two oblong signs?
- If there are 3 then F = 5
- If there are 4 then F = 1
- If there are 5 then F = 8
To find the cache, walk ABC metres at DEF°
Congratulations to IceColdUK for being FTF!