About SideTracked Caches
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. It is not designed to take you to a magical place with a breath taking view. It's a distraction for the weary traveller, but anyone else can go and find it too. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website
About Chadwell Heath Station Station
Chadwell Heath station was opened on 11 January 1864 by the East Counties Railway. It was built on the site of Wangey House. The origins of manor Wangey (or Wangye) are obscure but are believed to date from the 13th century. The Tudor manor house was originally thatched and moated, with a two-storey rectangular brick extension added in the 18th century. The construction of the stretch of Eastern Counties Railway line between Ilford and Romford in 1838-9 caused the breaking up of estate lands and the demolition of the Tudor part of the house. The last surviving portions disappeared with the widening of the line for the Great Eastern Railway and then when the temporary railway system was built for the construction of the Becontree Estate between 1921 and 1934. The temporary railway connected to the existing good yard at Goodmayes and ran east crossing what is now the car park. It then turned south to cross Chitty's Lane (now Station Road) and go down what is now the grass central reservation of Valance Avenue (the railway came first and the road was build either side).
The station is currently managed by TFL Rail on the Liverpool Street – Shenfield metro service. In the future this will be extended beyond Liverpool Street to Paddington and then Heathrow Airport and Reading and called the Elizabeth Line. The station has 4 Platforms which have all been extended to cater for the new Elizabeth Line, but only platforms 3 and 4 are generally used.
Sebz gur lryybj fgnvef urnqvat qbja gbjneqf Inyrapr Nirahr 2 ynetr cbfgf naq 12 yvggyr barf - zntargvp