Church Micro 7648...Eyeworth
The village is home to a medieval church dedicated to All Saints whose current building dates back to the fourteenth century and is partly constructed from Totternhoe stone. The church's fifteenth century spire was destroyed by lightning in 1967 and after the subsequent theft of the lead from its roof was replaced by a much smaller modern turret. The church of All Saints is an ancient building of grey stone and cobble in the Early English style consisting of chancel, nave, aisles and a low embattled western tower with spire containing 2 bells, there are some stained windows and in the south wall of the chancel is a richly ornamented monument to Sir Edmund Anderson kt. Chief Justice of the Common Pleas (ob. 1 Aug. 1605) and Magdalen (Smyth), his wife consisting of a fine altar tomb-of marble upon which are two recumbent effigies, one representing Sir Edmund in his judicial robes with collar of SS. and the other his wife in the nearest dress of the period : the canopy is semi-circular, the projecting portion being upheld by two pillars 7ft. in height : the whole is surmounted by the armorial bearings of the family : there are also two other monuments of lesser dimensions to members of this family and three brasses with inscriptions to Richard Gadburye (ob. 1624), his wife and only daughter : there are 120 s ittings. The register dates from the year 1550.
This is a traditional cache and IS at the published coordinates.
The cache is a 30ml tube.