WA GOES BIG - Albany 2020
Saturday May 30th - 1st June 2020 - WA Day Long Weekend Albany
This is the 7th year of WA GOES BIG and this year we are heading down to Albany.
Situated 420km South East of Perth in the magnificent south coast of Western Australia. Albany is the oldest colonial settlement in Western Australia, predating Perth and Fremantle by over two years.
Its also home to the First Geocache placed in WA - Have you found this cache yet published back in March 2001.
Whats Happening ?
Once again, a weekend of activities.
- Time to chat and catch up with geo-friends at the dinner on Sunday night.
- Puzzle solving techniques / tips prior to dinner.
- Time to meet fellow geocaches at the registration areas and ask all things Geocaching related.
- A CITO planned to clean up a beautiful coast line.
- Group activities like kayaking, walking, hiking and four-wheel driving planned and possibly more.
- We also hope to have plenty of Geocaches for you to find both new and old.
- Action bound app will again be in full swing for the race around Albany / Denmark over the entire weekend!
Is this your first WA GOES BIG?
- Its ok we all started our addiction at some point, we all share the love of geocaching and its a great way to meet like minded people, build friendships and grow your phone a friend (PAF) options.
- Registration is a great place to start, our volunteers will be in purple shirts / hats so easy to identify and they will be able to help answer any questions you may have.
What we know so far.
- During the weekend Albany will be very busy, there is a classic car race thats held here at this time of the year each year and attracts thousands of people, be sure to book your accomodation early. At this stage one holiday park has offered a discount rate see our website link for more detail.
- This year will be different to other years with more time set aside to finding geocaches for those attending and those volunteering over the weekend, this meaning that down time at a hall will be significantly reduced. You will need to stay up to date with "Whats on" and much like looking for a geocache plan your day to fit in what is best for you! All information will be listed in the event bags handed out during the registration periods and also can be found on the west oz website under WAGB whats on, a link is below.
- Any pre planned activities will have volunteers at the listed coordinates 15 minutes prior to start time with all planned group activites leaving on time. So to make the most of the group activities make sure you let them know that you will be attending. Some activities will require you to bring your own equipment (4WD etc) and others will have limited numbers at any one time (kayaking)
What we need from you!
- Firstly log your "will attend", this way we will know how many people are planning on attending and will assist with our planning. This will also have you notified every time we add more info about whats happening via an announcement.
- If you wish follow us on Facebook - West Oz geocaching, info will also be shared on this page.
- Check out our webpage, westozgeocaching.net.au and follow the links to WAGB 2020 to find out more.