East Ord War Memorial stands on the well maintained village green. It consists of a cross standing on a plinth supported by a cairn on a two stepped base. It is surrounded by a stone and metal boundary marker. Both the plinth and cairn carry plaques. The memorial was placed in November 1922, commemorating three local servicemen who died in the First World War. Following the Second World War, the details of men who fell in that conflict were added.
The damaged second marble plaque was replaced in 2000 with assistance from the War Memorials Trust. It was given Grade II listed status in 2016.
East Ord is a small village around 2 miles south west of Berwick upon Tweed. The village was originally called Ord, with West Ord and Middle Ord being built at a later date. To the east of the village is Ord House. Ord House manor was originally built for Admiral Godolfin Osborne in 1789; noted in 1828 as belonging to James Grieve Esq; and an Osborne lived there until 1954. The manor house and grounds are now part of Ord House Country park, a quiet landscaped caravan park.
The log can be found at N 55° 45.ABC W 2° 2.DEF where:
A= Number of letters in first word on the memorial
B= Number of names on the second plaque
C= Second plaque. Number of letters in second heroes surname
D= Fourth numerical digit on the top plaque
E= Number of letters in Pte Skeens first name
F= Second numerical digit following Lt P.Foster
***** PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT *****
CACHES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PLACED ON ACTUAL MEMORIALS OR WITHIN THE BOUNDARY OF SUCH
AT ALL TIMES PLEASE TREAT LOCATIONS OF MEMORIALS WITH RESPECT