The previous SideTracked at this location has been archived. You can find the listing here.
Aslockton station was opened on 15 July 1850 by the Ambergate, Nottingham, Boston and Eastern Junction Railway when it opened its extension from Nottingham to Grantham. This was taken over by the Great Northern Railway. The station building designed by Thomas Chambers Hine was opened by the Great Northern Railway in 1857.
On 12 October 1868 a goods train departed Nottingham at 4.15am. It split near Aslockton station when one of the coupling chains broke. The driver shunted on to the down line, and whilst getting back upon the up line another goods train from Grantham ran into it. The driver of the train from Grantham, Smalley Hutchinson was killed, and the fireman severely injured.
On 31 December 1904, George Skillington, aged 78, was killed on the line at Aslockton by a light engine.
The station became part of the London and North Eastern Railway under the Grouping of 1923.
On 23 July 1933 an excursion train from Skegness to Nottingham crashed through the level crossing gates at Aslockton.
On 1 August 1937, a nine-year-old boy, Ernest Love of Sneinton, Nottingham, fell from a Nottingham to Mablethorpe excursion train at Aslockton and was killed.
Today, Aslockton station stands on the Nottingham to Skegness line and is in regular use with several trains a day.