About SideTracked Caches
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. It is not designed to take you to a magical place with a breath taking view. It's a distraction for the weary traveller, but anyone else can go and find it too. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website
About Chanhassen Depot Station
The Chicago, Milwaukee, Saint Paul, & Pacific Railroad built a small depot in Chanhassen in 1882. Back then, the newspaper described it as "one of the handsomest and most covenient of any on the line."
The railroad provided a connection to Minneapolis and soon businesses sprung up around it. During World War II, the Depot was no longer needed and the building was sold to Joseph and Mary Kerber for $75. They moved it to their farm just west of Lake Ann and used it as a workshop.
In celebration of the city's centennial in 1996, the depot was purchased by the Chanhassen Housing & Redevelopment Authority and moved to this site, which is near its original location. To help fund the move and exterior restoration, brick pavers were sold that were inscribed with the names of many local families.